Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Slight error in the story (spoiler)

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Junpei

So I finished the game and got Katherine's true ending so if the scenario changes much in other ones my apologies, but too my knowledge the fact that Catherine is a succubus is pretty much in all endings. The key to unraveling that fact that Boss is the only one that saw and spoke to Catherine. My girlfriend actually pointed this out to me but early in the game when Vincent is out to lunch with Katherine he blows off Catherine's call and she shows up at the restaurant and talks to the host/server. I don't believe it was the same voice as the Boss but that is the only way this could work without breaking the logic behind a key twist in the story. Did I miss something or did the writing staff?

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

you never saw catherine see the host/server

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Perhaps. Maybe the server was just another guy Catherine was seducing, so he could see her as well as Vincent. 

@hedfone said: 

you never saw catherine see the host/server

He talks to her directly, I think. I don't think the host would be talking to an invisible person, at least without knowing who that invisible person was.
    Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Junpei

@FluxWaveZ: Probably the best explanation I can fathom there. Though if that were the case I'd imagine the conversation wouldn't have been so formal.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Animasta

@Junpei said:

@FluxWaveZ: Probably the best explanation I can fathom there. Though if that were the case I'd imagine the conversation wouldn't have been so formal.

could be some sort of foreplay, after all

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Junpei

in retrospect, I have started a new playthrough and my girlfriend was wrong, you never actually hear a server. You just hear Catherine say that they are still serving lunch and what she wanted. Crisis averted.

Kera_Reaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Kera_Reaver

@Junpei: You're right, the only one you can hear is her; not any server.

That's the scene we're talking about:

... and, yes, this is my channel. (It doesn't hurt to do some adequately related self-promotion, every now and then, right? ;-P)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.