Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

The Least Realistic Part of Catherine...

AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By AzHP

How can a 32 year old engineer have no money? Vincent eats out at sushi every other day, and yet he can't pay his bar tab? It doesn't make any sense!

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By OllyOxenFree

ANIME VIDEO GAMES!!!!

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By WickedCestus

You're right. 

Fuck that game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Because he sucks with money? It's probably because he smokes so much, because he drinks so much and because he always buys new phones and devices the day they come out that he lacks cash.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By valrog

Well not everyone can be Isaac Clarke... Wait, what? But seriously, that red afro seems way more unrealistic.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CL60
    @valrog said:
    Well not everyone can be Isaac Clarke... Wait, what? But seriously, that red afro seems way more unrealistic.
    What's unrealistic about a red afro? I had one when I was a youngin'
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By valrog
    @CL60 said:
    @valrog said:
    Not the color, the size.
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#8  Edited By donutfever
    @valrog said:
    @CL60 said:
    @valrog said:
    Not the color, the size.
    AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AzHP

@FluxWaveZ said:

Because he sucks with money? It's probably because he smokes so much, because he drinks so much and because he always buys new phones and devices the day they come out that he lacks cash.

But I mean...he doesn't even pay his bar tab...and look at his apartment! There's nothing in there...what is he spending his money on? The game doesn't exactly make it clear what part of the country he lives in, but I'm assuming it's in the USA, he's got to be making 6 figures if he's at all decent at his job...

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Vorbis

He just got a new job so he has no money. He says this every night, everytime you try to use the ATM.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#11  Edited By donutfever
    @AzHP said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

But I mean...he doesn't even pay his bar tab...and look at his apartment! There's nothing in there...what is he spending his money on? The game doesn't exactly make it clear what part of the country he lives in, but I'm assuming it's in the USA, he's got to be making 6 figures if he's at all decent at his job...

He's got that computer. Katherine says he's been replacing things like that and his cell too much. 
    As for where the game takes place, if you get the True Freedom Ending you find out: 
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @AzHP: The game takes place in the U.S. (some also argue it takes place on an American space colony), but it's not like every software engineer gets paid. And, just like Vorbis mentioned, he just got a new job.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By valrog
    @Vorbis said:

He just got a new job so he has no money. He says this every night, everytime you try to use the ATM.

In a 80+ hour game he still doesn't have a dime? That's it, I'm not playing this plot holes-ridden game.
    AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AzHP

@valrog said:

@Vorbis said:

In a 80+ hour game he still doesn't have a dime? That's it, I'm not playing this plot holes-ridden game.

It's closer to a 15 hour long game and takes place over a 9 day period, so it could be between pay periods. =P

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By valrog
    @AzHP said:

@valrog said:

@Vorbis said:

It's closer to a 15 hour long game and takes place over a 9 day period, so it could be between pay periods. =P

15? Somehow I got the impression this game was really long. Well, I'm still waiting for a PC version, by the time they make it hopefully Vincent won't be so poor anymore xD
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16  Edited By natetodamax

@valrog said:

@Vorbis said:

WHOA, if you spent 80 hours playing Catherine you will have beaten it about 7 or 8 times. Definitely not that long, haha.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @valrog: It's definitely a 10-20 hour game. 80 hours in Catherine would be insane. You are aware that this is a relatively difficult puzzle game (and not an RPG), right?
    AzHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AzHP

@natetodamax said:

@valrog said:

@Vorbis said:

WHOA, if you spent 80 hours playing Catherine you will have beaten it about 7 or 8 times. Definitely not that long, haha.

I'm about 30 hours in and have gotten all but one ending, but that's with skipping cutscenes and puzzles.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By valrog
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @valrog: It's definitely a 10-20 hour game. 80 hours in Catherine would be insane. You are aware that this is a relatively difficult puzzle game (and not an RPG), right?
    I have lived in misconception all this time... Damn.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @AzHP said: 

I'm about 30 hours in and have gotten all but one ending, but that's with skipping cutscenes and puzzles.

Well, to counter that, I've played about 32 hours of Golden Playhouse and have gotten all related trophies except for the Rapunzel ones and Text Junkie. You must play a lot of Rapunzel.
    Hoagie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Hoagie

@AzHP: Wait! You can skip puzzles?

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By Catolf
    @Hoagie said:

@AzHP: Wait! You can skip puzzles?

yes.. if you gold them.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Addfwyn

I took issue with the fact that Vincent was getting drunk as fast off rum & cokes and beer as he was off whiskey and nihonshu. From experience, I can testify that this does not happen. I even did research just to double-check.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.