Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cave Story

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Dec 20, 2004

Initially a freeware "Metroidvania"-style 2D platformer game created entirely by Daisuke Amaya for the PC, Cave Story follows the tale of a silent amnesiac in a long-winding cavern filled with monsters (including the friendly rabbit-like Mimigas). It received numerous enhanced ports by Nicalis for computers and Nintendo consoles.

Any Chance of it Coming on PSN?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Okay, the game is coming out on WiiWare...
    ...the real question is when the XBLA and PSN version will come out.

I already beat the original ages ago and loved the hell out of it and it's amazing 8bit soundtrack.  I wouldn't mind doing it again in HD and with trophies! 

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Dan_CiTi

No, that would be too good to be true. But this WiiWare version does looks sick nasty. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Dan_CiTi said:
    " No, that would be too good to be true. But this WiiWare version does looks sick nasty.  "
    Do they not like money?  It would end up selling more on XBLA, PSN, and Steam...just give us the WiiWare version with a higher resolution or boxed sides...and put in the trophies and achievements.  Shouldn't take longer than 2 months at the most.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@KaosAngel said:
    " @Dan_CiTi said:
    " No, that would be too good to be true. But this WiiWare version does looks sick nasty.  "
    Do they not like money?  It would end up selling more on XBLA, PSN, and Steam...just give us the WiiWare version with a higher resolution or boxed sides...and put in the trophies and achievements.  Shouldn't take longer than 2 months at the most. "
    I agree with this, I want me some trophies
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64
    @KaosAngel:   I bet they are going to see how well the Wiiware version does before they do anything.  If it sells well, hopefully the will port it to XBLA, PSN, and even PC.
    Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hammerjelly

I'm thinking I will hold out for an XBLA/PSN port. I just don't turn on my Wii very often.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.