A (free) Final Chapter has been released if anyone wants more Celeste

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I think Celeste is one of the most mechanically beautiful games ever made, so I was very pleased to see this come out. The new chapter is, however, utterly and completely ball breakingly hard. So go in puckered.

aperebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By aperebus

It's pretty bloody rough.

It seems to follow a pattern of introducing a new mechanic, having a few screens (maybe 5-6) to really show off the mechanic and then having a long single screen (with binoculars at the start) to really challenge. And then you move on to the next mechanic.

I just got past the "fish" and am working on the "jelly parachute".

I loved Celeste, (was working on getting through all the C-Sides before I fell off) so I'm really enjoying this new expansion.

Great soundtrack as well. The first song kinda reminds me of the Sanctuary Fortress soundtrack from Metroid Prime 2

acharlie1377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Gah, this new chapter is blisteringly difficult. I just finished it, and I was surprised by how long it was (a good 5 hours or so), how consistently tough it was (probably on the level of the C-sides), and how touching the story was (it picks up a few months after the end of the base game). It serves as a really amazing capstone to a really amazing game, and it reminded me of all the things that make Celeste such a work of art.

BonelessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Celeste, but I had my fill with that game doing everything but getting the golden strawberries. Cool to see them still supporting it though.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I am the person that absolutely wanted more Celeste. Worked on the new chapter some tonight. It's really neat! I love the jellyfish mechanic a ton (really fun ways they have you abuse it). Stopped for the night after trying to bash my head against wavedashing for a bit and having it just completely kick my ass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.