Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Champions Online

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Champions Online is a superhero action-MMORPG for PC. It was developed by Cryptic Studios, the makers of City of Heroes.

Is it worth it?

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By SumDeus

I've been playing CoH for years and I love that game. But in the past months the game has finally become dull for me. My question is, is Champions fresh and different enough from CoH to grab my interest again? I don't want to buy another CoH.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mattjam3000

Yes is the easy answer, it will, as it has done for all us other ex CoH players. However, it may not hold your attention as long as CoH as it can feel similar. It just improves on CoH. For example, the CoH instances got very bland and predicable, CO has some good "open world" missions and some really detailed instances. 

So in simple terms, give it a try, and you wont be disapointed. However I dont see myself staying for a long time.

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SumDeus

Looks like I'll be giving it a try, and hopefully the content they add will keep me hooked. Now that I think about it, CoH was not the game it is now 4 years ago so I expect Cryptic will do a good job expanding the game.

Shinobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Shinobe

My personal opinion is to wait. 
    Go read the forums and you'll see how much outrage there is amongst the community. At this point in time, Champions Online isn't that happiest place in the world.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.