Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Champions Online

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Champions Online is a superhero action-MMORPG for PC. It was developed by Cryptic Studios, the makers of City of Heroes.

Working it on a mac.. Help

CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainTryHard

So I've decided that I want to try out Champions, but I'm going to play it on a mac. Can someone explain what I must buy/do? Do I just need to purchase a version of Windows, (XP or higher) and CO? Also If I already own XP can I install it on my mac too?

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SuperSecretAgenda

It does not work on a mac. If it does, google is your friend.

Sorry.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By agentboolen

You need to install a program on Mac(if its not already on it) called "boot camp", then you need to install Windows, once you do that you should be able to boot up windows and install the game.  Let us know how it runs, I hear boot camp can really run Windows very well.

CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CaptainTryHard

So I found my XP CD and downloaded it on my Macbook. I can now run it via bootcamp and I am currently downloaded the CO demo through Steam which I also downloaded. I'll keep you guys updated.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#5  Edited By Jazz
    @CaptainTryHard:  
    How'd it go? 
    I've just got my copy of Champions Online working on my mbp without the need for Bootcamp or anything like that. 
    I don't know how well it would work on a normal Macbook, but take a look at my latest blog entry if you're still interested.
    CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CaptainTryHard
    @Jazz: It worked pretty good, but I gave up on the game cause I got bored. Maybe I'll pick it up again if I ever get the money

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.