Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Child of Eden

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Q Entertainment's music shooter for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It features support for the Kinect and Move controllers, and is considered a spiritual successor to the cult classic, Rez.

5 star score tips?

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 37

#1  Edited By beard_of_zeus

Anyone have any tips for getting 5 stars on the levels? Looking at the achievements, I'm guessing it's 800k on each level for a 5 star rating, but I'm not 100% sure. I can already tell that getting the gold star ratings (5 stars AND 100% purification in the same run) is going to be maddening. I've played the first archive about 5 or 6 times, and I keep getting 99%, so there's gotta be an enemy I'm missing. I did make sure to change the HUD options so that score and purification rate always show up, but it's hard to keep an eye on the percentage while also making sure to take down the enemies, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Probably one of those crazy schools of fish!

The main points strategy seems to be making sure to keep that 8x multiplier going, but I thought folks might have some more nuanced tips. Thanks!

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By MayorFeedback

Really, it's just basically keep that PERFECT multiplier going through pretty much the entire level. Not easy, and requires some real rhythm. If there are less than 8 enemies on screen, it won't break your multiplier, so at least there's that. It's pretty hard, I have yet to do it myself.

Also, having three Euphoria unused at the end of a level gives you 100k extra, so maybe that will help put you over the edge.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#3  Edited By beard_of_zeus

@drhans said:

Also, having three Euphoria unused at the end of a level gives you 100k extra, so maybe that will help put you over the edge.

Oh, is that what the "Euphoria bonus" category at the end of the level is?!? The tutorial never mentions it, and I looked through the manual to no avail. That actually could be pretty helpful, thanks for the tip.

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By MayorFeedback

@beard_of_zeus: I never saw it in game either, but I read online that it's an extra 100k, so yeah, give that a shot.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Jackel2072

I find it hard to stay to the rhythm, then again i dont have a musical bone in my body.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Enigma777

Use more skill.

konklone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By konklone

...there are *gold stars*?! NOOOOOO 

I have the Golden God achievement in Super Meat Boy, but I shudder at going for the Gold Star in all 5 levels in Child Eden , especially on Hard difficulty. Hoo boy.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Yanngc33

I didn't even know it could go up to 5 stars :p

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I'd like some tips for this as well since the most I've gotten is 3 stars. By the way the stars looked straight ripped from the stars you get after battles in Final Fantasy 13.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By mnzy

I heard from someone that you should activate vibration and turn down the music (not the effects) which will help you to be in line with the beat, because you get more points if you are.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11  Edited By Yanngc33
    @mnzy does that mean i should let go when it vibrates?
    magimix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By magimix

@Yanngc33: That works some of the time, but often the beat is a bit too quick to be reactive in that way (for me, at any rate). Really, what worked for me was to tap a foot in time with the beat, and establish a rhythm that way. Bearing in mind the rhythm and tempo of the music changes over the course of each Archive, you still need to 'learn' the beat, as well as the patterns, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.