Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Child of Eden

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Q Entertainment's music shooter for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It features support for the Kinect and Move controllers, and is considered a spiritual successor to the cult classic, Rez.

Random Child of Eden gameplay questions

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By umdesch4

I'm starting this thread because there doesn't already seem to be one. The intent is to have a place where people who are already playing this game can ask and answer questions about it.

For example, I have a couple already:

1. What effect do those Kinect settings have exactly? Speed and smoothing, I think they're labeled, but I didn't notice any difference when I changed them.

2. How do you get to see Lumi's garden, and the stuff in it? I had the same problem they did in the quick look, of selecting a creature for the garden but then not seeing it. I noticed that you can change the cursor when you're at the level select screen (which I'm guessing is the garden?) to something the manual mentions you can use to attract creatures, but that did nothing for me either.

Anyone?

Avatar image for Unannounced_Fart
    Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Omelet_Pants

Will the Kinect take pictures of you while you're playing this game?  I don't wanna be like that guy who was playing Dance Central naked, not knowing that he was being photographed.  It's getting hot in these parts, so I like to play games in the buff, too. 

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By DevWil

Lumi's Garden is just the main menu.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By umdesch4

@Omelet_Pants: As far as I've seen, no, there are no pictures taken of you.

bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By bibledoctor

How is the gameplay with just a controller? I want to buy the game, but I have no desire to buy a Kinect.

Scarz09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scarz09

I really want to get the game but I too have no desire to buy Kinect so how is it?

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Lunar_Aura

This game doesn't lie it probably is better with Kinect because using a controller I often wished the default reticle could be moved faster by holding a button or by default. Using Kinect seems to remedy the speed problem but probably introduces new ones.

It would have been better for them to make the controller, oh I dunno... use the other unused buttons for example setting a button to instantaneously set the cursor to the upper-left, upper-right, lower-left, or lower-right. Or better yet, have a custom cursor-teleport option.

How the hell am I supposed to high score this thing if the aiming reticle isn't moving fast enough? It's bullshit and if it weren't for this glaring oversight, this would be a really awesome game to replay.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By brownsfantb
    @LunarAura:  I had the exact opposite problem using Kinect. Sometimes the reticule would move too fast and I would get disoriented. I still haven't tried it with a regular controller yet though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.