Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Choplifter HD

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 10, 2012

The classic rescue helicopter game returns in an HD remake.

Anybody buy this? How is it?

DrMcKittrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DrMcKittrick

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Nadafinga

I downloaded the demo last night, going to give it a shot once I get home from work. I'll report back!

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WickedFather

From the demo it's a no from me. I got to the end of the 5th which is the first reasonably long mission and didn't bother with the next. Apart from it being dull the game is foreground is juddery and bad. 1200 points is criminal.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Rave

The screen shots on Xbox show a picture of Duke Nuke'm wtf ?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

It looks like a good Steam Sale purchase, I'll wait for it to drop down to $3.74 or something then pick it up.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Nadafinga

Yeah, its definitely not worth $15. But it seems to be a fairly faithful remake of a classic, with the gas gauge, the level guide at the top of the screen, etc.. But it's a little bland, fairly simple, and the voice acting & one-liners are awful. I also noticed some pop-in (on the PS3 version) which seems kinda ridiculous considering its a sidescroller with fairly small levels. I was also distracted by the "laser" that guides where your gatling gun is pointed, it's this huge fat red line, should have been a much thinner, less intrusive line.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#7  Edited By poisonjam7

I downloaded the demo last night and found it to be quite enjoyable. I agree that 1200pts is a bit steep, but this price does include the first DLC pack for free. I found the missions to be quite fun, and the zombie stuff adds some variety. I may purchase this, despite the price.

Then again, I'm coming off of a huge Renegade Ops kick, and I'm really into the whole dual stick shooter genre right now. (And yes, I know this technically isn't a dual stick shooter, but it is quite similar.) I also especially enjoyed the helicopter parts in Renegade Ops. :)

There are certainly far worse ways to spend 1200pts; but there are also some that might be better too. If only they had priced it at 800, then it would be a definite sell for me. For now, I must mull it over.

Eviternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Eviternal

@Rave said:

Jon St John (voice of Duke) is featured in the game - I think Duke appears at some point.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By EightBitShik

@DrMcKittrick: If you didn't notice the Quick Look is now up for it. I think i'll pass unless it goes on sale for stupid cheap.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#10  Edited By poisonjam7

@Rave said:

Jon St John (voice of Duke) is featured in the game - I think Duke appears at some point.

Yes, there are some cameos in the game. Including Super Meat Boy, and apparently, Duke.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.