Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Christian Bale

Person » credited in 1 games

Christian Bale is an actor, well-known for playing Batman. He did the voice for Batman in the Batman Begins video game.

Going Baleistic

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Kicking off on the set of Terminator Salvation. I haven't laughed that hard in a long while. My favourite part I think is the furious 'GIMME A FUCKIN' ANSWER!' followed by the most timid mumbling response ever given about looking at lights.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By End_Boss

It would be badass if the link wasn't broken.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

Link (hopefully) fixed.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By End_Boss

Yeah, the link gets me there now... Not that I hear anything from the Quicktime clip. Just... Silence. I half expected it to be one of those shock scare things. For which you would have received a fail.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Alright, so the WHOLE story goes like this, for people who don't understand:

Christian Bale was in the middle of doing a scene when the Director of Photography, for what appears to be a second time, walks in front of one of the lights that he has set up to light the scene.  This distracted Bale for a second time while trying to do the scene, to which Bale blows up at the DoP for being unprofessional.

Bale is practicing in this above audio one of my favorite quotes:

"I don't throw rocks at you while you're mowing the fucking lawn, so don't do it to me."

I say...good for Bale!  Dood deserves to be pissed off.  If a DoP, of all people, is going to be so irresponsible as to fuck up an actor (especially one as intense as Bale) during a scene, then he deserves to have his ass chewed out.  You'll even hear Bale during the rant say that he thinks the dood is a nice guy, but that he's also unprofessional and doesn't know his job very well.

*EDIT*  End_Boss, what browser are you using?  I popped it up in a separate tab on Chrome, but it wouldn't play the audio unless I was actually clicked on that tab.  Maybe you should try that.  There's a LOT of F-bombs, I'll say that much.
    Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
    auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Bale just went American Psycho. All he needs is Huey Lewis playing in the background.

Avatar image for theuncannygiraffe
    theuncannygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By theuncannygiraffe
    jakob187 said:
    "
    I say...good for Bale!  Dood deserves to be pissed off.  If a DoP, of all people, is going to be so irresponsible as to fuck up an actor (especially one as intense as Bale) during a scene, then he deserves to have his ass chewed out.  You'll even hear Bale during the rant say that he thinks the dood is a nice guy, but that he's also unprofessional and doesn't know his job very well.

"
    Dude - DoP has a much more important job than the actor, IMO, even one as high-caliber as Bale (I presonally have never seen his appeal). The thing about filmmaking is, it's a collaberation, and acting is not the be all and end all of the process. Yeah, dude was probably tweaked from being all intense, and it does suck to get distracted when you're doing your thing, but DoP was possibly just focused on what he was doing too. Having worked in theatre and film a bit, I can't see why there would be call for losing the plot at someone like that. It's not like he was endangering anyone or ruining a take, so why blow up? It's just a bit douchey.

Having said that, the whole thing is probably out of context and out of proportion. But it is bloody funny. :)
    albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By albedos_shadow

I heard this yesterday, absolutely hilarious.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Snipzor

Pure class act, I listened to this last night. Still funny as shit.

drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By drakesfortune

As someone who used to have to be assistant engineer to a couple of Hollywood asshole record producers, let me tell you that guys like Bale are a cancer in a creative environment.  That type of cocaine induced rage absolutely destroys a production.  Rarely do projects with people who need help, as I'm certain Bale does after listening to that, do well.  He's either suffering from significant anger issues, or he's got a drug problem, which it's most likely drugs.  Yeah, there really are a few babies out there like Bale who are just natural pricks, but there's something deeper going on there. 

There is NO reason, in ANY environment to berate someone like he did.  He took a small thing, like having to redo a take (which any pro would be able to do) and made it into a huge thing that I'm certain killed any hope of getting a good take.  It's HIS fault that mood was ruined, and his alone.  Imagine if he had laughed it off and not gotten upset.  No harm done, but instead he makes a capital case out of it and acts like an infant.

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TEAMHOLT

That DoP will never get a reservation at Dorsia, now.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Christian Bale=best actor

Christian Bale=now best person.

Thats how you get shit done.

And to the few that are detracting this with their LONG years of experience in the industry, even me a person with no experience knows that likely from how bale phrases it the guy has done it multiple times, on any movie set if the guys that are supposed to be the most professional and know how to do their job dont do it then you start to worry how shitty every things gonna be because these guys dont know shit and how to do their job, the guys walking across set in the background possibly geting caught on camera or his shadow and it ruins a shot, you can say a professional actor  knows how to do takes over and over but thats just silly to think that they should HAVE to if hes feeling it, the scenes perfect every one is doing their job then some Jackass walks into the background or blocks some lights like an idiot then you've ruined the shot and it has to be redone and thats gotta piss any one off specially if it happens multiple times.

P.S: sorry no anger problems means this, he got up then beat the living shit out of the DoP thats anger problems yelling at someone...ect is not an anger problem.

BothBarsOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BothBarsOn

Actors are the most important people in the world, apart from actresses.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Oh and i must add including the fact that in many big productions they often go 10-12 hour days shooting, reshooting...ect if this had happend at the end of one of those bale was tired doing shots he has every right to bitch.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By End_Boss

Let's face it: Christian Bale massively overreacted here. I don't know if his ego got in the way or what, but you just don't order everyone on the set around like that. Not under any circumstances. I understand that he was upset with his Director of Photography, but when the director tells you to shut the fuck up, you shut the fuck up. I don't care who you are or what movies you've been in. Someone needs to knock braskie down a peg or two.

"I'm not walking back on the set if you're still hired."

All I could think was how Lindsay Lohan that line was. Except she actually got bitched out for her childish behavior. Bale was ranting and raving against the DoP's "lack of professionalism". Having a tantrum on the set isn't very professional either, Bale.

EDIT.
    To reiterate: on the set, your director is god. End of story. Even if the shot went swimmingly, the director could re-take it eighty-three times if he wanted, and no one has the right to bitch. Not even Bats.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pibo47

Bale overreacted, but the DoP shouldnt have been a dumbass.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By get2sammyb

I don't know anything about the process of making a film nor the context of what happened to spark the over reaction but I say Bale went too far. Fair enough to be angry, fair enough to want to get things right but he could have made his point much quicker and with much more dignity than that.

He acted like a primadonna.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Snipzor

Obligatory, Delicious, Relevant, and Spoilerific if you have not seen American Psycho:

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

American psycho one of the better movies.

Fav quote: please insert kitten.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By brukaoru

Things happen, people get upset and over-react. It's understandable why he was angry.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Snail

Dude, Christian Bale is such an asshole. Sure it's unprofessional,  but dude... He thinks that because he's a famous actor he gets to treat other people however he wants. What an asshole.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    Snail said:
    "Dude, Christian Bale is such an asshole. Sure it's unprofessional,  but dude... He thinks that because he's a famous actor he gets to treat other people however he wants. What an asshole."
    Im not a professional actor, but if someone did that at a job i worked at or something equally as stupid id yell at them. i might get fired but it doesn't change the fact.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Hamz

We all know actors can be drama queens. And Bale is a methodist which means he takes it seriously, can't blame the guy for losing his temper if what was a perfect scene after a long days filming is ruined by one person who should know better. I think if you spent all day working on something and got it perfect only to have someone trash it, you would be pissed off too. Celebrities and actors are human afterall, and as such are subject to human emotion.

Lets not judge the man because he lost his temper.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

TEAMHOLT said:
    "That DoP will never get a reservation at Dorsia, now."
    Holy hell. 

That link = Cash money.
    vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Hey, some guy hinders him from doing his job, he's really into the scene, so he gets pissed off. Could happen to anyone.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Kazona

I just read the news story in the link on the locked topic, and according to that he's also been arrested before for assaulting his mother and sister. Seems to be he's got some anger issues.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27  Edited By jakob187

Anger problems?  Drug problems?  For once...and God it feels weird...I am glad to see William is on the same side as me about this.  Here's an example that I'm sure will go a long way.

Anger problems = David O. Russell on the set of I Heart Huckabees:

Not anger problems = Christian Bale on the set of Terminator Salvation

And yes, as was previously stated, it would seem that this DoP has done this more than once.  I'd be pissed off, too.  The DoP may be focused on what he's doing, but it doesn't mean he wasn't being a complete fucking noob about the work that was currently going on.  If there was a problem, he needed to say something to...ya know...THE DIRECTOR...OR THE PRODUCER!!!  Yeesh.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Snail said:
    "Dude, Christian Bale is such an asshole. Sure it's unprofessional,  but dude... He thinks that because he's a famous actor he gets to treat other people however he wants. What an asshole."
    Im not a professional actor, but if someone did that at a job i worked at or something equally as stupid id yell at them. i might get fired but it doesn't change the fact.
    "  

Then you'd get fired and everyone would think you're an asshole. Acting like a dumbfuck isn't brave and it's not productive. It's just you. Acting like a dumbfuck.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    jakob187 said:
    "Anger problems?  Drug problems?  For once...and God it feels weird...I am glad to see William is on the same side as me about this.  Here's an example that I'm sure will go a long way.
    Anger problems = David O. Russell on the set of I Heart Huckabees:

Not anger problems = Christian Bale on the set of Terminator Salvation

And yes, as was previously stated, it would seem that this DoP has done this more than once.  I'd be pissed off, too.  The DoP may be focused on what he's doing, but it doesn't mean he wasn't being a complete fucking noob about the work that was currently going on.  If there was a problem, he needed to say something to...ya know...THE DIRECTOR...OR THE PRODUCER!!!  Yeesh.
    "
    We'll when it comes to something as obvious as this, and Christian Bale *swoons* then we'd have to agree.

Let alone that its Christian Bale and its well known how he acts *get into a role, and scene as much as possible* its obvious throughout the diatribe that the DoP had done this multiple times atleast 2 times let alone that a DoP is supposed to be more professional then this how much of a amauter would walk infront of lights or into a scene so many times? and with how Christian Bale is he was probably into the scene and it was going perfect and this guy fudged it up weither by distracting him or ruining the shot.

Something needed to be said and really if this guy is a DoP then hes been in the buisness a while and this is sure to make sure he NEVER does this again.

P.S: at this point im just reiterating my point but oh well.
    Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vecta
    Snail said:
    Well apparently it was the most emotionally charged scene of the movie. So yeah I would probably get pissed of to if I was trying to stay in character.
    Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rain_Dog

Terminator Salvation = Serious Business

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Steroids, cocaine, and pills coupled with anger issues can cause some problems at work.  That audio is awesome.  Nice to see him be a fucking hardcore bad ass in person.  You don't mess with Batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm the goddamn batman!

Wuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wuffi

who gives a fuck about overrated bale, he was a terrible batman.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    Bellum said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Snail said:
    "  

Then you'd get fired and everyone would think you're an asshole. Acting like a dumbfuck isn't brave and it's not productive. It's just you. Acting like a dumbfuck."
    no sorry that would be me trying to do my fucking job, and someone like you dicking around talking bout how to make pipe bombs.
    *happend to him when he worked at wal-mart a long long time ago* some stupid fucks not doing their job while im stocking doing my job and they are in their circle jerk talking bout pipebombs and i work for an hour while they do nothing, surfice to say i complained and quit soon after.

I have every right to yell at any one thats fucking around and doing stupid at my job, regardless of the outcome for me, I am in the right they are in the wrong, and you are wrong. i am right.
    I work to do work not dick around and not have those around me dick around and act like jackasses.
    destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By destro

Haha oh that Christian. He has some anger problems no doubt. The funniest is when Conan O'Brian said what he got his mom for mothers day "A left hook, a upper cut and a round house kick to the face"  hahahaha, to funny.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EvilTwin

I really don't see how anyone can defend him.  Saying he overreacted is an understatement, and no, this couldn't happen to anyone.  This is Christian Bale throwing a damn tantrum like you'd expect a 2 year old to.  And if there was any question in my mind that he wasn't a complete asshole, he also devolves into bullying the DoP about halfway through this clip just as I'd expect him to. 

I also don't see him as being a great actor.  Good, yes.  Great, nah.  Granted, I've only seen five of his movies, but he was far from the strongest link in any of those. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Bellum said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Snail said:
    "  

Then you'd get fired and everyone would think you're an asshole. Acting like a dumbfuck isn't brave and it's not productive. It's just you. Acting like a dumbfuck."
    no sorry that would be me trying to do my fucking job, and someone like you dicking around talking bout how to make pipe bombs.
    *happend to him when he worked at wal-mart a long long time ago* some stupid fucks not doing their job while im stocking doing my job and they are in their circle jerk talking bout pipebombs and i work for an hour while they do nothing, surfice to say i complained and quit soon after.

I have every right to yell at any one thats fucking around and doing stupid at my job, regardless of the outcome for me, I am in the right they are in the wrong, and you are wrong. i am right.
    I work to do work not dick around and not have those around me dick around and act like jackasses."

Everyone around you is incompetent. That's right.

No, that's just you with a shitty attitude. :)
    Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kohe321

That's a pretty long outburst of anger... Pretty excessive, the message was clear after 30 seconds in...

Avatar image for theuncannygiraffe
    theuncannygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://balevsoreilly.ytmnd.com/

Remixing is made of lol, methinks. :)

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Snipzor
    Kohe321 said:
    "That's a pretty long outburst of anger... Pretty excessive, the message was clear after 30 seconds in..."
    No it was not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was mad as hell and wasn't going to take it any more.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PureRok
    theuncannygiraffe said:
    "http://balevsoreilly.ytmnd.com/

Remixing is made of lol, methinks. :)"
    That was epic lulz.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.