Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chrono Trigger

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 11, 1995

Take control of the lovable but silent protagonist Crono in this time-spanning collaborative effort from Squaresoft's "Dream Team." Chrono Trigger follows the exploits of Crono as he and his friends attempt to save the world from a planet-devouring alien creature.

All fans...

TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TheWesman

...Have to buy this on DS.  If Squeenix notices there is enough interest, they just might green light a full-on sequel.  That would be great!  Talk your friends into getting it to!

I know I sound like a giant advertisemabomb, but we need to show these companies we support good quality.

ATotalMelvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ATotalMelvin

I've already worked on convincing some friends to buy it.

Alech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Alech

I would have loved SquareEnix to release Chrono Trigger as a refined, semi-new product in the vein of FF III/IV, as opposed to a port.  That said, the game is pretty amazing, and in my opinion probably in the top five RPG's ever released. 

Ghil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ghil

heh, it is on my pre-order list! one of the best RPGs of all time in portable form? woot ;)

and a sequel to this would be fantastic.

Jarlaxle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jarlaxle

I honestly hope it does well, but I'm not buying this game again.  I already have it still on my SNES and if I really want to play it again for about the 25th time, then I'll just grab it out of the attic and hook that bad boy back up. 

I really hope this is a sign of more Chrono news in the future from Square-Enix and another sequel soon.  The time is now!

uncle_andross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By uncle_andross

Definitely getting this at launch, so are a few of my friends. I know Chrono Trigger sold pretty well, and Chrono Cross made it on the greatest hits list, but that was 8 years ago too. Either way, this is going to be a must have game for anyone with a DS.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By StarFoxA

I've been trying to convince all of my friends to get it, but to no avail.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Anyone who tries to convince someone else to get an overpriced port is a douche.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By PureRok

Not interested. They need to spend some time remaking Final Fantasy VI for the PSP... or any other system similar or greater in power. I've played Chrono Trigger (beaten it) and I don't see what all the hubbub is all about. It was decent, but not amazing.

Also, in my opinion, they already made a sequel. Chrono Cross (which I've also played). Sure, it doesn't say "Chrono Trigger 2", but it did feel similar.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By StarFoxA
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Anyone who tries to convince someone else to get an overpriced port is a douche."
    I've found it to be fully worth it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.