Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chrono Trigger

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 11, 1995

Take control of the lovable but silent protagonist Crono in this time-spanning collaborative effort from Squaresoft's "Dream Team." Chrono Trigger follows the exploits of Crono as he and his friends attempt to save the world from a planet-devouring alien creature.

Chrono Trigger for Android is Broken

idwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By idwolf

I need help. One of my favorite games of all time is Chrono Trigger, and when it came out for Android I waited because I already had it in so many incarnations I couldn't justify the $10 price. So, last night, I wanted to play it on my phone and I figured I'd be a good sport and support the company that made the game. I purchased the game, and then I went to make dinner. When I came back I tried to load up the game and nothing happened. The screen didn't even flash. Nothing happened. I was unable to get a refund because the time had passed.

So I re-downloaded it thinking it was corrupt, but the same thing happened.

In their description, they said it "may not work on newer devices" but that they were working on it. I figured I could get some information, or even a confirmation that they were indeed working on it. I contacted their technical support to let them know that this wasn't working on my device, and they simply closed my ticket. No explanation, nothing.

What do I do? How do I fix this? Who do I contact if they've taken my $10 and refuse to offer me support?

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You're basically screwed until they decide to patch the game. This is why, even in iOS, I won't buy any apps/games that don't explicitly state they work for my phone. Fortunately, many developers are pretty good about putting that info in the app description.

Maybe if you bug the shit out of the developer they'll refund you but somehow I doubt it.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crembaw

You might be SOL on this one. This isn't the first re-release of an old game they've made for mobile that straight up does not function in some capacity, and I've never heard of them giving refunds for any of the previous ports.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By alwaysbebombing

Andriod

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You contact Google Play, or whatever store you used for the purchase, ASAP. If they object, object right back. You spend a good period of time looking for help on the internet followed by trying to figure out how to contact them about this instead of the unhelpful developer.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks. Good luck, but it seems like you have to wait on a patch or something.

idwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By idwolf

I sent a second support ticket and I got the following response:

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize for any inconvenience however this game is not properly supported on certain Android devices at this time. We are continually adding support for new devices on a regular basis. If the app is not currently running correctly on your device, we ask for your patience while this matter is investigated.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

Credit Square Enix Support Center

That's all I wanted. I don't mind waiting, I was just afraid that they aren't doing anything. Thanks for the help folks.

DiamondDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I remember correctly, this has been fucked ever since 4.3 firmware. Maybe try contacting Google about a refund? They've always been extremely helpful anytime I've needed help with the play store.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By veektarius

If I remember correctly, this has been fucked ever since 4.3 firmware. Maybe try contacting Google about a refund? They've always been extremely helpful anytime I've needed help with the play store.

Honestly, when I saw how long this problem's been going on, my reaction was that Google should pull it down until they fix their shit. That's what I'd be campaigning for.

idwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By idwolf

@veektarius: Google only has a way to report apps with illicit or illegal content. They don't seem to have any way through the store to report an app for review. Do you, or anyone else, have an idea for how I could contact someone?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By veektarius
    idwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veektarius: That's perfect. Thanks!

I'm new to the forums here. Is there a way to "thank" your posts in any way? It doesn't seem like it, so I'll just say, "Thanks!" :)

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idwolf: I don't believe there is. You're welcome, though. Good luck.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always look up the compatibility first, they don't give a fuck about you tbh, they just wanted your money. That's the only reason they release 20 year old games on phones.

vladk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would you play one of the greatest games of all time on a phone/tablet? Should have picked it up on PSN or DS.

Avatar image for lastthingyousee
    LastThingYouSee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LastThingYouSee

Here man, this is the way you probably want to go:

SNesoid

or

SuperGNES

If you have troubles finding your "back-up" of your cartridge copy, PM me.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

At that point I would just get the rom for the game. You gave them the money for it after all.

idwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By idwolf

@lastthingyousee: I do have the emulator. I just wanted to support the company and play it legitimately. Since I can map the emulator to my controller, I'd probably have a much better experience that way. Google is offering me a refund, and I doubt I'll be trying it again in the future, even if it is tempting to see that little icon on my Nvidia Shield. :D

I also have it for the DS and they added a whole extra component to that with collectable monsters. I should just go back and start playing that version.

Avatar image for lastthingyousee
    LastThingYouSee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idwolf: glad you got a refund out of them, good work. Looks like you got your options covered too. The DS version looks like it has some cool stuff in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.