Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chrono Trigger

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 11, 1995

Take control of the lovable but silent protagonist Crono in this time-spanning collaborative effort from Squaresoft's "Dream Team." Chrono Trigger follows the exploits of Crono as he and his friends attempt to save the world from a planet-devouring alien creature.

Chrono Trigger on changing release dates and gaming review systems

koelsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Stopped by the Chrono Trigger page on Steam and noticed the release date was changed to April 30, 2018 which seems to have had the knock on effect of making all of the old reviews say they're pre-release reviews.

I'm all for Square Enix fixing the issues with the game but gaming the reviews seems like a jerk move. There have been other companies pull stunts to game the review systems but don't know how common changing the date is.

Thoughts?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its smart and technically its a different version of the game now if it was patched. I wonder if people could just resubmit their reviews?

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

what was wrong with the Steam version?

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@nick:

@nick said:

what was wrong with the Steam version?

It had a bunch of weird smoothing added to the graphics that Square seems obsessed with adding to its mobile ports (see all the Final Fantasy mobile/Steam releases).

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Weirdly, the Steam page asked for my birth date. I thought it didn't do that unless I was looking at an M-rated game?

Anyway, I went and checked the Steam page. Looks like they're making the original graphics an option and they're redoing the UI to work with either a controller or a mouse/keyboard. No idea if that will be a meaningful change or not, but I'm definitely interested in seeing what the end result is.

Now, if only they could do that to all of the Final Fantasies they've released on Steam, especially V and VI.

DoubleCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd guess SE didn't know that that would happen. How often do people set back the release date after release?

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@deckard: uf, i just looked it up, it looks terrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.