Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chun-Li

Character » appears in 100 games

A Chinese martial artist and Interpol officer in the Street Fighter series. The "First Lady of Fighting Games," she is a recurring member of the series and was one of the eight original World Warriors of Street Fighter II.

The Film

TheLongshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheLongshot

Who knows about it and what are your predictions???
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0891592/
    I think it at least has a better chance than the dead or alive movie, but i still don't think its going to be stellar by any means. I hope its not as bad as the original SF movie,.....

Avatar image for gobiasindustries
    GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By GobiasIndustries

Kill it with fire

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

Nothing good can come from this.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By coakroach

No Caption Provided
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

You hope it's not as bad as the original Street Fighter movie? Dude, what? Is that some sort of bad joke? Street Fighter... the best movie ever.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

Um, I think mostly not anyone is even acknowledging its existence because we all know it will be terrible. On top of the fact that Kristen Kreuk just shouldn't be playing her to begin with.

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By rexualhealing

Street Fighter should not be a live-action movie.

Seriously, the characters are so over-the-top that you cannot weave them into a serious storyline without making the plot too contrived. The fact that any one could try and make a serious drama/action movie out of an incredibly cartoony videogame that barely has a plot is ridiculous, but I guess this movie is going to be paying for someone's new house so it serves some sort of purpose.

The cartoons were good. At least, the first Street Fighter anime kicked ass for what it was. It kept the feel of the videogames and didn't really have a super deep plot-line, plus the running time was pretty short so it didn't feel like it was dragging on for too long. Every time someone tries to turn Street Fighter (or any fighting game, really) into serious business, bad things always happen.

If they took a schlocky, Toxic Avenger-style route with it the movie would probably still be bad, but it wouldn't be as bad. Toxic Avenger had overly cartoony characters, a crummy plot, but it was fun. None of this "serious business" bullshittery.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.