Clicker Heroes is a clicker/idle game developed by Playsaurus and published by Reality Squared Games for multiple platforms.
Clicker Heroes combines many popular gameplay tropes into a single free-to-play game. These mechanics include:
- a purchasable resource granting immediate advancement (can be farmed very slowly for free)
- level grinding and different leveling paths (clicking vs. idling)
- "restarting the game" while retaining some power ups
- advancement through typical game worlds (forest, desert, mountain, lava etc.)
- active skills with cooldown timers
- achievements that give bonuses
The theme of the game is a mixture of Western and Japanese RPG influences, satirizing the nature of these games, but also celebrating the absurdity of grinding, leveling up and free-to-play gameplay. While more involved and more serious, the game and its title are reminiscent of Cow Clicker. This is especially emphasized through semi-automatic farming modes that allow the game to advance with little to no player input.