Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Collector's Edition

Concept »

Limited editions of games that include extra "perks" like Making of DVDs and a nice and shiny tin with extra box art

Do you think the "in-game" bonuses that collector's editions offer should also be available as DLC?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mordukai

I only referring to in-game items that the those editions offer.  

*this is the first thread in this specific forum. 

CodeMcK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By CodeMcK

I don't see why not, you're paying the company either way. And DLC also allows the extra money to keep coming in even after they stop producing the special edition version.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, it's totally lame when people that preorder get something in-game that no one else can ever get. Preordering games is pretty risky in general, so people shouldn't be punished for not doing it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mordukai
    @TheGreatGuero:  
    Fully agree. I also think it's lame that if you pre-order from a specific store you'll get exclusive in-game bonuses. On the other hand I have no problem with collector's editions. I thibk it's prefectly fine to charge extra for a bonus dvd with special features and/or game soundtrack, though sometimes they are crappy as in the case of the first Assassin's Creed game. That collector's edition was... 

LAME!!!!!

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Toxin066

I'm not a fan of in-game content for collector's edition. To me, that doesn't add to a collection. I like shirts and figurines.  

But on topic, yeah. I think a few months later the content should be released to everyone.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @Mordukai: Yeah. Also, I tend to think most collector's editions aren't worth the extra cash. I mean, really. Sometimes you get cooler box art, but I've never really seen anything too cool. I did like the GTAIV special edition bundle because I actually use the Rockstar duffle bag for carrying around games and controllers, and I use the lock box for stashing some extra cash. At least those items are practical and aren't just going to sit around and collect dust. I also think Modern Warfare 2's night-vision goggles could be really cool, but I don't know if I'm going to preorder the game just to get them. I'm concerned the quality of them might not be too great, but I'm still thinking about getting it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.