College Slam is an arcade-style belt-scrolling basketball game developed by Iguana UK (alongside Iguana) and published by Acclaim for the Sony PlayStation, Sega Saturn, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Genesis, and PC (running MS-DOS) exclusively in North America in 1996.
A spin-off of the NBA Jam series, College Slam features 44 teams from the Division I college teams of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). While gameplay remains identical to the console ports of NBA Jam: Tournament Edition (including power-ups and other optional gameplay mechanics), the game features new career modes (including a lengthy Season Mode).
While the game does not feature the names or likenesses of any NCAA basketball player (with each team instead having five players named by the five basketball positions), players can choose to customize both the names and overall stats of each player.
The game was also ported by Torus Games to the Game Boy in 1996.
- 3: Increases the ability to make the three-point outside shot.
- D: Allows Monster Jams from anywhere on the court.
- S: Greatly increases overall speed.
- P: Greatly increases power.
- T: Provides temporary unlimited boost action.
- F: Causes the player to be temporarily "on fire".
- B: The bomb knocks over everyone on the court except the player.
- ?: Randomly activates the effects of one of the other icons.
- R: Reverses the direction of the ball if it's in mid-shot.
- Z: Prevents opponents from scoring by zapping the player's hoop with a flash of lightning.
- I: Causes teammate to become invisible for a brief period of time.
- C: Causes the ball to chaotically bounce in random directions every time it hits the floor.
- W: Causes the player character to become a whirlwind that will knock over any player who comes in contact with them. [Note the controller will be affected such that the player character will keep moving in one direction until the player presses another direction on the control pad. If they are in possession of the ball, shooting or passing will neutralize the whirlwind.]
- Boston College
- Cal. Berkeley
- Georgia Tech
- Michigan State
- NC State
- Ohio State
- Oklahoma State
- Penn State
- St. John's
- South Carolina
- Wake Forest