Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Colors!

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 05, 2012

Colors! 3D is a painting application for the Nintendo 3DS that started life as homebrew for the original DS. The eShop release allows users to paint in 3D and upload their creations to an online gallery.

Colors! 3D : A paint application for the 3DS

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

Edited By apathylad
    My drawing. Note: with the 3D on, the cards appear in front and behind Alice

Hey, I downloaded this app last night, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Granted, I'm not a talented artist, but it's fun and easy to mess around with. You paint stuff in multiple layers, allowing your drawings to be displayed in 3D. It's also easy to upload your drawings online and share them with others, or you can download other people drawings if you choose to do so. It costs $7, and if you're used to $1 iPhone apps, it seems pricey, but the amount of versatility the app allows makes it easy to recommend. You can zoom in, change the size of your brushes, change layers, and undo your mistakes quickly. After you're done, the app will show every step you made to the drawing's completion.

You can check out one of the top rated drawings over here if you want an example of the program's potential:

http://colorslive.com/details/81294-Lion_Couple_by_Richtea87.php

Have any of you tried this app? I'd like to see what you guys came up with.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By apathylad

Hey, I downloaded this app last night, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Granted, I'm not a talented artist, but it's fun and easy to mess around with. You paint stuff in multiple layers, allowing your drawings to be displayed in 3D. It's also easy to upload your drawings online and share them with others, or you can download other people drawings if you choose to do so. It costs $7, and if you're used to $1 iPhone apps, it seems pricey, but the amount of versatility the app allows makes it easy to recommend. You can zoom in, change the size of your brushes, change layers, and undo your mistakes quickly. After you're done, the app will show every step you made to the drawing's completion.

You can check out one of the top rated drawings over here if you want an example of the program's potential:

http://colorslive.com/details/81294-Lion_Couple_by_Richtea87.php

Have any of you tried this app? I'd like to see what you guys came up with.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

someone actually drew that lion thing? wow. it looks like a real image. this program looks neat, so i'll be sure to check it out on my phone or something. if i'm going to buy anything through the eShop, it's gonna be Pushmo.

..now only if i could find pre-paid eShop cards..

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Oh man, that lion drawing is insane.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DeF

6€ in Europe ... I was actually surprised that they didn't go with 7€ as well.

Once I got a little money I'll get this. Not the best drawer but I was looking to get something like this anyway. You can do really awesome stuff with that little thing!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

The program looks great, but I'm a terrible drawer so I probably wont get much out of this.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

Sounds like a lot when there are a million iPad apps that do the same thing but with a better digitizer.

Still painting in layers sounds pretty cool. Not $7 cool though. Is there any way to export the 3D drawing to a PC, while keeping the 3D? Either the multiple layers separated out, or a "'wiggle" gif, or something.

korkesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By korkesh

Browsing through their website gallery it seems like this is definitely a robust piece of software.

I'm interested in checking this out, thanks for bringing attention to it.

kurtbro900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By kurtbro900

I just downloaded this and it's awesome. The gallery is great because I can see drawings that I know I will never be good enough to draw.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.