Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Comic Book Character

Concept »

Comic book or manga characters who are also in video games. There are tons of games with superheros such as Batman and Spider-Man out there.

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

AnimeBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AnimeBeast

Does Spider Man Web of shadows look good to you?

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vlademir

I want it to be good but I've decided not to have extremely high hopes for it. I'm guessing it will get a score around 7 or 8/10 on most sites.

magnetorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By magnetorex

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but when Spider-man 2 came out, I bought it on the ps2 and spent hours just swinging around. Then Ultimate Spider-man came out and that was definitely an improvement. Then Spider-men 3 came out, and it sucked. No, sucked doesn't even begin to describe it. It blew chunks all over your promdate as you were about to stick your tongue down her throat. The biggest problem was combat, and now that looks to be solved in the new game. Everything I've heard and seen has given me new hope. But there is one thing, like I said about Spidey 2, the funnest part was swinging around the city, With the story of the new one having the city overrun with symbiotes, will swinging around a "dead" city still be as fun? Let's hope so. I sure do.

dymach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dymach

I'm excited, but it's a reserved excitement.  And Magneto's right, one of the best part of Spider-Man is swinging around the city, I did the same thing when I got Spider-Man 2, spending a lot of time just moving through the city (I'd have to disagree with the USM having a better swing mechanic though, I liked the more complex SM2 setup). I'll be content if they just get that right, and I will be more then ecstatic if they get everything else right too.

magnetorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By magnetorex

I never said that it had a better swing mechanic, I think it was the same really, but the game was overall an improvement. The comic look better suited the game and the original Brian Bendis story helped as well.

filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By filiwian
    It looks interesting since they've added a whole lot more. I especially liked this gameplay. But they need to improve on the sound effects and the voice acting. Other than that it looks great.

dymach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dymach
    magneto said:
    "I never said that it had a better swing mechanic, I think it was the same really, but the game was overall an improvement. The comic look better suited the game and the original Brian Bendis story helped as well."
    My mistake.  You were talking about the swinging and then mentioned USM as an improvement, I assumed you meant the swinging.  And yeah, the original story by Bendis was a great score for the game, especially since it exists in the continuity of the universe.  That was a pretty big deal seeing as there are probably a large number of USM readers that have never played the game.
    lawb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lawb

Im excited for Web of Shadows. Ive been a huge Spiderman fan since I was a child. I think the best thing about the game is going to be original storyline. So the devs have free reign on the story and they arent tied up to movie release dates.

Mardarkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Mardarkin

Some of those mid-air fights in Web of Shadows look really f'in decent, to be sure.  The peak of Spiderman gaming for me was in Ultimate Spiderman, just for the variety of acrobatics you could choose to enact, swinging from the rooftops, or bounding on street-level by flinging your webs from cars.  If the movement in Web of Shadows comes close to those days of gaming, I'll probably get this game just for giggles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.