Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Comic Jumper

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 06, 2010

Comic Jumper is a side scrolling action game developed by Twisted Pixel. Taking their successful comedic touch in previous ventures and honing it to a sharpened edge, Comic Jumper is filled with manic, unpredictable humor throughout.

Is anyone excited for this?

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By louiedog

I was originally very excited for this game. All it took was the Twisted Pixel logo to get me interested, because I really loved both The Maw and 'Splosion Man. However, it doesn't look like a lot of fun to play to me. Part of that reason is probably the fault of the Matt Hazard XBLA game, which this reminds me a bit of. A washed up characters in a sidescroller battling through different styles of games/comics. Based on their track record, I'm sure Twisted Pixel will make the story and characters much more interesting than Matt Hazard: BBB was. If there's one thing their previous games had it was charm. However, I'm not sold on the gameplay. It doesn't really look any more engaging than Matt Hazard's did, and that worries me.

So far I've seen some reactions from smaller game blogs who received early copies. Some think it's brilliant. Others have called it crappy and talked about the same things that have been worrying me. So far I've really only seen a lot of positive comments from people interested in this game, and I feel like the only one who isn't excited about it, at least out of those talking about it. What about you?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It doesn't look phenomenal to me but it still looks like it could be a pretty good game.

Iron_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Iron_Past

Like above, it doesn't look groundbreaking, but it does look like a damn good time. I like both Twisted Pixel's game design and humor, so I'll be downloading as soon as I wake up Wednesday.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jasta

Twisted Pixel are on a roll so I'll be buying it.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Twisted Pixel have proven themselves over the years. I'm sure this will be good.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm looking forward to it, especially since I heard that some Splosion Man DLC comes with a Comic Jumper purchase.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DrPockets000

Looks like a lot of fun.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Malakhii

I'm very on the fence about it, Don't know if I'm willing to deal with what looks to be shitty gameplay. 

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By animateria

I'm looking forward to watching the whole thing on Youtube.

So I could enjoy the fun bits while making another generous uploader go through the dull mundane game play itself.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Is this XBLA exclusive? I'd like to buy it, but I can't buy MS points with my credit card for some stupid reason, so I'll probably skip it unless it's on PSN.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Raymayne
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    " Is this XBLA exclusive? I'd like to buy it, but I can't buy MS points with my credit card for some stupid reason, so I'll probably skip it unless it's on PSN. "
    Yes it is exclusive. And well you still have the option of buying points cards, although I don't think it's worth it for this game...pretty disappointing.
    Avatar image for deactivated-65d51c2303ca6
    deactivated-65d51c2303ca6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Malakhii said:
    " I'm very on the fence about it, Don't know if I'm willing to deal with what looks to be shitty gameplay.  "
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Raymayne:  Yeah, that's what I had to do to get Shadow Complex. I just hate doing so because I wind up with even more unspendable MS points than their mismatched sale amounts would have otherwise left me with. I'm still hoping 'Splosion Man and Limbo get PSN releases as well, I don't feel like paying twenty dollars for fifteen dollar games and playing them with a controller that's bad for 2d. Stupid exclusivity.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By benjaebe

I'm pretty excited for it, if only for TP's insane sense of humor and awesome green screen. The QL secured my purchase.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By louiedog
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    " @Raymayne:  Yeah, that's what I had to do to get Shadow Complex. I just hate doing so because I wind up with even more unspendable MS points than their mismatched sale amounts would have otherwise left me with. I'm still hoping 'Splosion Man and Limbo get PSN releases as well, I don't feel like paying twenty dollars for fifteen dollar games and playing them with a controller that's bad for 2d. Stupid exclusivity. "
    Really? I agree that NES ports and other classic 2D sidescrollers generally don't play well with the 360 controller, modern games like Limbo and 'Splosion Man work just fine using the analog stick.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By demontium

Nope. Everyone's been saying that the game sucks but its really funny, so I'll just end up watching it on youtube.

SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@louiedog:  Eh. It works but I vastly prefer a good d-pad. How much of a pain it winds up being does depend on the game though like you said. When that new Contra game comes out I'll definitely be getting it on PS3. Limbo probably isn't as demanding so it's probably fine, but given the choice I'd still take the PS3. Problem is, I don't have a choice!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.