Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Comic Jumper

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 06, 2010

Comic Jumper is a side scrolling action game developed by Twisted Pixel. Taking their successful comedic touch in previous ventures and honing it to a sharpened edge, Comic Jumper is filled with manic, unpredictable humor throughout.

Many In-Jokes?

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Undeadpool

I'm really intrigued by this game, but I have to ask: is a lot of the humor derived from knowledge of The MAW or 'Splosion Man? Cause I haven't played either (though I do own 'Splosion), so will I still cackle gleefully at this or will a lot of the jokes just go straight over my head?

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MethodMan008

I haven't played either...  There is one huge joke involving Splosion man... 

but other than that its all movie references and other game references..  pretty funny RE4 joke

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

Theres  maybe  five or six 'Splosion man ones about songs and stuff  and a few Maw ones about DLC and some background posters.... they dont really affect the game in any way. There is many movie references though.
    donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By donchipotle

While there are jokes about The Maw and 'Splosion Man (often jokes at the expense of Twisted Pixel), most of the humor isn't about those games. 

Though some of the jokes do help if you have seen a movie or three.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Undeadpool
    @VelvetLore04 said:
    " While there are jokes about The Maw and 'Splosion Man (often jokes at the expense of Twisted Pixel), most of the humor isn't about those games.   Though some of the jokes do help if you have seen a movie or three. "
    Movies I've seen PLENTY of. 
    Thanks all! Sounds like I'm pickin' this up.
    mra138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mra138
    @Undeadpool:  You won't regret it.
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Undeadpool
    @mra138 said:
    " @Undeadpool:  You won't regret it. "
    So far you're right, but MAN, when Jeff compared this to an old Sega Genesis game, I thought he just meant look and feel, I wasn't aware he also meant CRAZY DIFFICULTY.  But the writing IS phenomenal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.