Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Comic Jumper

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 06, 2010

Comic Jumper is a side scrolling action game developed by Twisted Pixel. Taking their successful comedic touch in previous ventures and honing it to a sharpened edge, Comic Jumper is filled with manic, unpredictable humor throughout.

Somewhere between love and hate

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By chu52

Twisted Pixel is twisting my emotions. Anytime that i am not playing the game I find myself filled with unrelenting joy, but as soon as i must play it....... i am left brutally beat and reduced to tears. Anyone else feeling torn?

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DrPockets000

No, it feels good.

Shreik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Shreik

Just felt like a chore to complete it, but wanted to see the ending of it still. Gameplay sucked, but the humour was nearly worth playing it trough. I regret that I bought it without trying the trial, but I thought I couldn't go wrong with a Twisted Pixel game, I was wrong :(

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By chu52

On the bright side Twisted Pixel does seem very responsive to their short comings as well as their strengths. Perhaps the next game will be even stronger than all before it. also, did anyone else notice that this is not powered by razor, but just beard?

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DXmagma

don't have a 360 so i can't play 2 of their 3 games, and my computer won't run the maw so i don't know. though i really, REALLY want to play splosion man. as for comic jumper i'll just watch an LP and get all the humor that way.

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By FrankWeidner

The gameplay can be made to at least be tolerable. I started the game by buying ALL of the bonuses (which, admittedly, took far too long because of the unskippable unlocking animation). You get such a bonus in money, you can upgrade your weapon all the way really quickly, making large portions of the game far less annoying.

killerrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By killerrabbit

i find it really hard.. stuck in the first nanoc level and ragequitted ...

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Undeadpool
    @chu52 said:
    " Twisted Pixel is twisting my emotions. Anytime that i am not playing the game I find myself filled with unrelenting joy, but as soon as i must play it....... i am left brutally beat and reduced to tears. Anyone else feeling torn? "
    I started grinding out challenges (even if you lose, you still get money for all the enemies you killed) and just bought all the unlockables. With all of those, you get around 200% of your base score, so you're essentially earning 3X the money you normally would be. Just focus that money toward health and damage power-ups, everything else can come later.  It's still ridiculously difficult, but it gets substantially easier after that. 
    @KillerRabbit: See my advice above. I purchased the first two damage upgrades and a health one before I even got through Nanoc's entire portion. His is actually WAY tougher than the next one, so stick with it. Take your time going through the levels, once enemies start spawning, stop moving forward as much as possible.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I'm in the same boat here. The gameplay is such work to get through! Ideally, I'd like to see a patch that tones down the difficulty a couple of notches.

killerrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By killerrabbit

@Undeadpool thanks for the tips. I did exactly that, and it helped a lot. Managed to complete it yesterday. Had great fun. I agree that Nanoc is tougher than the next session, which i got through without too much of a hassle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.