Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Company of Heroes 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 25, 2013

Take command of the Russian forces and out-think the Nazis all the way to Berlin.

Company of Heroes 2 Beta Impressions

Brozik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Haven't accessed the beta myself, but COH was/is potentially the greatest RTS of the last generation (maybe SC2) and considering the minimal amount of hype the game has received thus far I was hoping to hear some impressions of those who are participating in the beta.

Right now the game on amazon is showing a release date of December 31st of this year. Doubtful that is reliable though.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Funkydupe

I had no idea there even was a beta running now.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

It's the sort of game that is really hard to get hyped about. I don't think anyone will deny how spectacular the first game was, but it wasn't a mainstream hit. In the RTS genre, only those mainstream hits (Warcraft, Starcraft) get a ton of hype.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By butano

There's a beta? Is it something you get when you pre-purchase or an open beta anyone can try out for a weekend?

Brozik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apologies, the game is only in alpha. When pre-ordered the site indicated a beta would be available, but due to the game's deferral down to later in 2013, alpha stage is the current phase. The COH2 website has some people talking about their alpha experience.

Brozik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But they've been taken down due to an NDA with Relic. Indications are that the beta is ready and coming though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.