Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Company of Heroes

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 11, 2006

This action packed strategy game lets you take control of Able Company on the shores of 1944 France, pushing the Nazis back into Germany.

Company of Heroes Strategy

akn102991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By akn102991

Basic Starter Strategy - American army. 

Engineer 1x - Only starting engineer, have him build barracks.
    Rifleman (ad nausem, probably around 5)x - Spam Rifleman, use them to cap, attack in groups, try to attack from all sides, move in close to do the most damage.
    Choose Infantry Company, go down the left hand side getting to rangers.
    (Once you hit 60 fuel) Buy B.A.R.s for the rifleman
    (Once you get 20 more fuel) get a Triage Center at your base to heal the wounded rifleman
    (Once you get Rangers)  Stop building rifleman, keep your existing squads alive.  Build rangers.

Rangers are effective anti armor weapons and the rifleman are good against all infantry.  If you can afford it, buy the rest of the rifleman upgrades as well as upgrade ranger squad with thompsons.

Continue down the left hand side and once you get Off map combat group, get that, it should give you heftier anti tank weaponry.

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Artie

Panzer Grenders with MP44s and an Ostwind Flakpanzer destroys your strategy.

The best and worst part of Company of Heroes is that you have to combine a variety of tactics and think which one to use on the fly. This is awesome for the long lasting value of the game for people who love it. But new players may be overwhelmed and give up. The campaign is pretty easy to get through though.

prodromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By prodromus

Yeah, against Panzer Elite you basically need to rush to get an M8 out or their armored cars will own your infantry. Likewise you'll need something other than rangers to combat Tier 4 from wehrmacht- a well microed Ostwind or Panzer IV will ruin an all infantry strat.  Especially if they have proper support for their armor in the form of MGs and grenadiers. 

akn102991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By akn102991

Its not meant to be the indefeatable strategy, its meant to be the easiest strategy for beginners.  If youve just started the game, you can hold your own in a 2v2 with this strat. 

Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Scorched

seems like a decent strat for beginners

akn102991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By akn102991

I thought it was, and the two proposed counters can be overthrown by this strat though, albeit with extreme casualties

the mp44s:
    Supression with the bars, grenades, and a prayer

the ostwind:
    have each rifle squad in the area throw a sticky bomb on it, and once a squad has thrown it, retreat that squad.  This will try to maximize damage and minimize casualties.  Once you do as much damage with the stickys, move in teh rangers, and spread them out to avoid multi-kills from the ostwind.  You'll need at least 2-3 ranger squads to even have a hope of killing an already weakened ostwind.  Fire up and spread out, try to get behind.  This is just for one ostwind.  If there are two, and they have veterancy, you're screwed.

kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By kenya24

Personally, I like to build 3 or 4 engineer units early, capture some points, then build the barracks, the weapons center, then like 3 snipers to snipe choke points on the map. Then I try to get the motor pool ASAP so I can build some anti-tank guns. Once I have a few of those, then I usually go the airborne infantry route so I can get AT gun drops and paratroopers. After that I build whatever I need to counter my opponent.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By TomA
    akn102991 said:
    "I thought it was, and the two proposed counters can be overthrown by this strat though, albeit with extreme casualties

the mp44s:
    Supression with the bars, grenades, and a prayer

the ostwind:
    have each rifle squad in the area throw a sticky bomb on it, and once a squad has thrown it, retreat that squad.  This will try to maximize damage and minimize casualties.  Once you do as much damage with the stickys, move in teh rangers, and spread them out to avoid multi-kills from the ostwind.  You'll need at least 2-3 ranger squads to even have a hope of killing an already weakened ostwind.  Fire up and spread out, try to get behind.  This is just for one ostwind.  If there are two, and they have veterancy, you're screwed.
    "
    You mean THE rangers not teh rangers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.