Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Company of Heroes

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 11, 2006

This action packed strategy game lets you take control of Able Company on the shores of 1944 France, pushing the Nazis back into Germany.

LAN play stripped for COH?

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By _Nuno_

I started playing a few LAN games with a friend of mine, but i only have one copy of the game so in order to play COH LAN style, I can't update because it would require me to login to my COH account and the serial number would be used twice if we both logged in, which I'm sure would ring some bells somewhere. Also I don't recal the LAN option being present in the revamped and updated menus of the most recent COH versions. Is there any way I can go around this problem? Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

You can't patch it past a certain point, as they decided eventually to become very DRM-driven.  It sucks, but it's something you've gotta deal with. 

As for the LAN play, I have not played the game past the pre-DRM patching, solely because I always play it LAN.  Sorry that I can't offer any help or advice on how to handle this.

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By _Nuno_
    @jakob187: Thanks anyway. I'll just search for the right version to update it, and then stop.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.