Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Completion Percentage

Concept »

Games that numerically track the player's progress towards completion of a specific goal, single level, or the entire game.

The Failed Completionist

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Nime

So often with games I tend to get hung up on trying to complete all of the little things and too often this tendency interferes with the game experience as a whole. I never even complete games in their entirety, and yet as I go through them I'm always focused on not missing anything. If there is ever an item you can miss getting, I always jump through any hoops to get it just because I can't stand the idea of having my game not be able to be complete, even if I will never actually complete it. 

The problem with this is it really gets in the way of the play too much. In Fallout 3, for example, every time I did a quest I would go look up all the possible outcomes and made sure I got the best one. Even though I never even hit the level cap or got close to completing all the quests, I just couldn't let little things by and that is eventually what caused me to grow tired of the game - I couldn't just play however I wanted.    

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Nime

So often with games I tend to get hung up on trying to complete all of the little things and too often this tendency interferes with the game experience as a whole. I never even complete games in their entirety, and yet as I go through them I'm always focused on not missing anything. If there is ever an item you can miss getting, I always jump through any hoops to get it just because I can't stand the idea of having my game not be able to be complete, even if I will never actually complete it. 

The problem with this is it really gets in the way of the play too much. In Fallout 3, for example, every time I did a quest I would go look up all the possible outcomes and made sure I got the best one. Even though I never even hit the level cap or got close to completing all the quests, I just couldn't let little things by and that is eventually what caused me to grow tired of the game - I couldn't just play however I wanted.    

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Sanryd

This is exactly what ruined Just Cause 2 for me. I focused too much on those stupid little upgrade crates to be bothered with the awesomeness occurring on the rest of Panau.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.