Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Conduit 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Agent Michael Ford makes his return to the Wii in this sequel to High Voltage Software's original sci-fi shooter

The Conduit 2 confirmerd to be in the works,

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rallier

Source:  http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=118915 

Look up the most recent issue of Nintendo power for the full 8 page article but here is a condensed version.

Though High Voltage isn't ready to spill the beans about specific[online] modes just yet, the studio promises a bevy of new gameplay types, as well as the return of the first game's innovative Bounty Hunter mode.

As you might expect, weapons like the Vortex Cannon will add a few wrinkles to online competition, as will the introduction of different character classes, each with unique attributes. You'll also be able to unlock suit upgrades that bestow your character with special skills; robotic legs, for example, will let you sprint greater distances."

"Right now, the plan is to have one primary suit slot and two secondary slots where you can equip upgrades, but that may change in the final game. From a purely cosmetic standpoint, you'll have tons of options to change your character's appearance using the same modular system the team uses to diversify enemies. For those who prefer to keep their gun fights local, Conduit 2 will feature a two-to four-player splitscreen option for all of the game's competitive modes.

And when you want to take a break from blasting your friends and loved ones, you can team up with them in the new co-op Invasion mode. Up to four players can join forces (either via splitscreen or online), and the challenges they'll face are unique to this mode. Further details remain under wraps, but we always welcome the chance to eradicate some alien scum with our fellow humans."

"Their first order of business: expanding the game's scope, "In the first Conduit, I think the core experience is very sold," says producer Josh Olson."

- ASE returns
    - set in Atlantis
    - SEGA publishing
    - Huge boss battles
    - old/new weapons

Source:  http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=118944 

The Conduit 2 - more Nintendo Power details (due out this Fall)

March 30, 2010 by The News Team Filed Under: Wii

- Team says the first game had the player doing “the same thing over and over and over again”
    - Want to do more with level design, gameplay design
    - Embracing sci-fi element
    - Game starts off with thunder, torrential downpour, you’re in a huge oil derrick in the middle of an ocean
    - Picks up immediately after the original when you enter the portal
    - Not sure where you are when you enter the portal and land in the ocean
    - Derrick’s occupants begin to shoot at you
    - Game will have some “big vistas and multi-tiered areas”
    - Multiple paths, team wants the game “to feel bigger and give players the sense that there’s more going on”
    - Sea serpent attacks the facility
    - “Having those types of ‘wow’ moments is really important”
    - Quantum 3 engine still being refined
    - Ford continues to go through the oil derrick, fights with the leviathan one-on-one
    - Have to use one of the derrick’s mounted defense targets since normal weapons won’t work
    - Serpent targets you and generator that powers the turrets
    - Need to find the serpent’s weak points, stun him, then impale him with a harpoon from a turret
    - Game has an airborne chase scene, take control of a ship’s rear gun emplacement, shoot pursuers (one enemy type is jet pack-equipped soldiers)
    - More NPCs, Ford can interact with them
    - There are other aliens besides Adams around the world who control territories
    - Adams has been particularly successful, wants to take over the world
    - Ford needs to get the help of the other aliens
    - Atlantis is the hub, portals to other areas are there
    - Some freedom in terms of which stage you’ll take on next
    - One mission has you going to Washington DC, need to recover important artifact from the Smithsonian
    - More alien growth in the city than in the first game, Drudge and Trust still fighting there
    - “AI vs. AI vs. player now”
    - Will happen upon fights already taking place
    - “The AI in particular has been a big focus for us. We really want the enemies to come across as intelligent. In the first game, they just sit there waiting for you to show up. This time, we want it to feel like a living environment, like everyone was doing something before you got there.”
    - Interactive elements in the environment (stuff moves, objects break, enemy knocks over soda machine for cover)
    - Wider variety of hostiles, some specific to a location
    - Atlantis: 30-foot-tall Guardians
    - Siberia: Robotic wolves
    - Differences between human soldiers, can carry any weapon (affects AI)
    - SEGA/High Voltage will be holding a contest: Can get your name/face on a Missing Person flier or a Wanted poster
    - 18 firearms from the original
    - Have to tune the Phase Rifle by twisting Wiimote
    - Deployable Turret: Set it down, control it with handheld display, can pull the trigger and have it autoaim or target manually
    - Regarding the AsE: “…more puzzles and hacking minigames. It’s also a bit more of a detective tool now, we’re trying to put a lot more conspiracy objects and secrets in the environments to give you more reasons to use the ASE. Once you’ve scanned an object, you’ll be able to learn more about it in the game’s new data log. So it really plays into us trying to tell a deeper story.”
    - ASE tied to Atlantis
    - Using the ASE, can have a bit of control over the Guardians
    - 12 players online
    - due out this fall

No Caption Provided
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By Willy105

Maybe it will pull a Killzone 2 and Red Steel 2 and be a good game....

...or whatever.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure

I wonder if they will make the game... less ugly this time. I've got other gripes too but for how much they were talking the first game to be one of the best looking titles on the Wii I'd like them to actually deliver this time. I mean c'mon after Red Steel 2 there is no excuse.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Zenaxzd said:
    " I wonder if they will make the game... less ugly this time. I've got other gripes too but for how much they were talking the first game to be one of the best looking titles on the Wii I'd like them to actually deliver this time. I mean c'mon after Red Steel 2 there is no excuse. "
    Didn't they claim they used some new "Engine" To make it "Look amazing" Cause that is all I heard about the game and when I saw it I thought I had the wrong game for a few moments. 
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Zenaxzd said:
    " I wonder if they will make the game... less ugly this time. I've got other gripes too but for how much they were talking the first game to be one of the best looking titles on the Wii I'd like them to actually deliver this time. I mean c'mon after Red Steel 2 there is no excuse. "
    Didn't they claim they used some new "Engine" To make it "Look amazing" Cause that is all I heard about the game and when I saw it I thought I had the wrong game for a few moments.  "
    Yes that is indeed my point. Every time they weren't talking about the controls (which was about the only redeeming part of the game) they were talking about how the visuals would be mind blowing, you've never seen anything like it on the Wii! First time I saw the final build in action i was just disappointed. Honestly I think the original Red Steel, a launch game, looked better. Maybe on the technical side it wasn't as shining... but gah it looked better.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rallier

A whole bunch of extra details were released along with a fall release date. Updated the OP.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Mushir

They said they were working on the second one before the first one was released.

They seriously need to get some better artists this time. The first was looked so goddamn boring.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZenaxPure

If the stuff from those bullet points are actually in the game this already sounds more fun to play than the original in every imaginable way.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By damnboyadvance

The online play sounds like a bit more fun. And if all those bullet points are true, I might give them a second chance and get The Conduit 2.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By OllyOxenFree

The graphics on The Conduit were a mixed bag.  With some details they looked great, but on others it looked low resolution and bland.  Hopefully this re-fined engine will make the game overall look great.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By rjayb89

If they make that picture the front cover for the game, well then brother.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Meowayne

I see they still haven't turned off their generic art direction machine.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

From the blurry scans it looks like a big improvement with all that 2 & 4 player split screen stuff and the levels with less corridors and the huge bosses and everything but they have a lot to prove. A LOT. Still, Ubisoft did it once with Red Steel 2 versus the first, maybe HVS can as well.
    http://imgur.com/1Bzsy.jpg
    http://imgur.com/4uDSt.jpg
    http://imgur.com/MSo09.jpg 
    http://imgur.com/wqYb9.jpg
    http://imgur.com/J59RG.jpg
    http://imgur.com/t7prM.jpg
    http://imgur.com/RBIiS.jpg
    http://imgur.com/VFOTK.jpg
    (just googled and found them in plain sight) 

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Systech

Wait, why?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r

From SEGA EUrope: we are excited to announce Conduit™ 2, the new collaboration with High Voltage Software, Inc., developer of the award-winning Wii shooter, The Conduit. Conduit 2 will be released exclusively for the Wii™ system from Nintendo® in Fall 2010.

Building upon the success of the original, Conduit 2 takes players to the far reaches of the world to stop an alien invasion which can be fought in single-player, online multi-player battles, and all-new off and online co-op modes. Armed with advanced and powerful weapons, players can expect massive action in large, multi-tiered levels featuring dynamic environments, cinematic battles, giant adversaries, and deep customisation features.

Conduit 2 introduces Team Invasion Mode, the new co-op mode where players will be able to battle side-by-side with up to four friends on the same screen. Additionally Team Invasion Mode can be played online. Conduit 2 also features a new and more expansive 12-player online competitive multiplayer mode with larger and more intricate indoor and outdoor battlefields. Conduit 2 supports Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, Wii Speak™ and offers increased multiplayer security.

Conduit 2 is set to release in Fall 2010 exclusively for Wii. For more information on the game please visit the SEGA website at www.conduit2game.com.

For more information and assets please visit www.sega-press.com.

Posted by Martin - the fat ninja in Conduit 2 on 3:16:43PM Mar 31, 2010

Well, at least the maps seem more open and less conventional, going by that shot of the 4 player split screen views. The rest isn't exactly a great selection of images, the blurry NP scans show some nicer locations they should pimp instead. Though that last model getting blown up looks nicely clean.

But yeah, they have a ton to prove. Which they probably won't.
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By FreakAche

Just for a laugh, I was reading the comments on IGN's post about this.  There were some awesome comments.  I can't remember the direct quote, but some guy said something along the lines of, "anyone who prefers dual analog over the Wii's IR is either incompetent or a complete fanboy".

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By Willy105

Here it is how it would have looked like in an HD console:

No Caption Provided

So yeah. I am tired of shooters already.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " It looks terrible. "
    Yeahhhhh I wasn't gonna say anything since I've mentioned it like 2 times in this thread alone... but JFC those screens are ugly. I'm not a graphics-whore or anything but I like my games looking nice as much as the next guy, everything about The Conduit screamed ugly... sigh. I will buy it I am sure since if those bullet points actually make it into the game I'm sold on it being fun. But dammit I wanted it to look nice as well.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By JJOR64

The first game didn't look good at all so I have no hopes for this one.  I'm going to stick with my 360 for shooters now.

raphaa00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By raphaa00

The game actually looks kind of good but there's no visual improvement in an artistically way, and this is what matters.

The Grinder, if it really comes the way it was supposed to be, is stunning in this way, even with a limited scope. A sci-fi FPS has much more wider and could explore anything.

Anyway, the magazine screens looks like Half-Life.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Meowayne

Ha ha. Well, at least they have the decency not to release doctored shots. I don't mind low res and horrible textures, beautiful things have been done with them, but holy god damn High Voltage Software needs to hire competent artists and directors soo badly. Wow. Whatever decent engine and gameplay they may or may not have come up with is completely trashed by the most generic, ugly, horrible bs design ever conceived in the history of first person shooters. And that's saying something.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheFreeMan

Looks pretty ugly, but I think they'll polish it up a bit by the time it releases. The only screen that looks absolutely horrible is the split-screen one, but that can be explained away (for obvious reasons. Even Halo 3 takes a significant hit when it's in split-screen).

I'm glad to see that they've got at least a bit of a kinda-unique art-style going on now, at least compared to the first.

I dunno. I always try to remain positive.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @Al3xand3r said:

From the blurry scans it looks like a big improvement with all that 2 & 4 player split screen stuff and the levels with less corridors and the huge bosses and everything but they have a lot to prove. A LOT. Still, Ubisoft did it once with Red Steel 2 versus the first, maybe HVS can as well.
    http://imgur.com/1Bzsy.jpg
    http://imgur.com/4uDSt.jpg
    http://imgur.com/MSo09.jpg 
    http://imgur.com/wqYb9.jpg
    http://imgur.com/J59RG.jpg
    http://imgur.com/t7prM.jpg
    http://imgur.com/RBIiS.jpg
    http://imgur.com/VFOTK.jpg 
    (just googled and found them in plain sight)

@Al3xand3r said:
    From SEGA EUrope: we are excited to announce Conduit™ 2, the new collaboration with High Voltage Software, Inc., developer of the award-winning Wii shooter, The Conduit. Conduit 2 will be released exclusively for the Wii™ system from Nintendo® in Fall 2010.

Building upon the success of the original, Conduit 2 takes players to the far reaches of the world to stop an alien invasion which can be fought in single-player, online multi-player battles, and all-new off and online co-op modes. Armed with advanced and powerful weapons, players can expect massive action in large, multi-tiered levels featuring dynamic environments, cinematic battles, giant adversaries, and deep customisation features.

Conduit 2 introduces Team Invasion Mode, the new co-op mode where players will be able to battle side-by-side with up to four friends on the same screen. Additionally Team Invasion Mode can be played online. Conduit 2 also features a new and more expansive 12-player online competitive multiplayer mode with larger and more intricate indoor and outdoor battlefields. Conduit 2 supports Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, Wii Speak™ and offers increased multiplayer security.

Conduit 2 is set to release in Fall 2010 exclusively for Wii. For more information on the game please visit the SEGA website at www.conduit2game.com.

For more information and assets please visit www.sega-press.com.

Posted by Martin - the fat ninja in Conduit 2 on 3:16:43PM Mar 31, 2010Well, at least the maps seem more open and less conventional, going by that shot of the 4 player split screen views. The rest isn't exactly a great selection of images, the blurry NP scans show some nicer locations they should pimp instead. Though that last model getting blown up looks nicely clean.But yeah, they have a ton to prove. Which they probably won't.
    Some more from the scans in direct-ish feed.
    I like the first two shots. Kinda. At least they hint at more open environments. I do hope that first weapon is a placeholder though... And the dude's armor isn't looking so hot, would be better off without those arm things, but they said the armor will be mixed and matched randomly to have varied enemy looks so...
    raphaa00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By raphaa00

IGN has a hands-on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.