Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Confrontation

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 05, 2012

Confrontation is a role-playing game for the PC.

This just came out, is it any good?

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Seedofpower

The page is blank and this game just released. I really don't have any word on it and I'm looking for a new strategy game. The trailer on steam wasn't all that helpful on what kind of strategy game it was and I'm wonder if any of you duders have bought the game. If so please let me hear you're opinion.

Also can I get at least a quick look? Have the GB crew built a new computer yet?

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dvorak

There's virtually no information on it at all online, though I am interested in what it says it is.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seedofpower

So am I, I hope we can get a quick look for this since no one else is saying anything about it.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By amir90

Yeah I am interested in knowing what kind of game this is. Some claim it to be similar like Baldurs Gate.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seedofpower

Huh, that would be pretty awesome. This is the trailer on steam but I don't give much in the way of controls.

Also, i did a little bit more digging and I think its based off of a table top game. Usually those translate well to strategy games. Dawn of War being the only example I can think of.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

In my opinion, it blows.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By matthias2437

I am very interested in this, went to like Rock Paper Shotgun or something the other day and saw an add, came out of no-where. Really hope it's good.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HarlechQuinn

Considering the track record of the studio I wouldn't put my hopes too high... But as this is based on a table top game and there best game "Blood Bowl" so far, at least in my opinion, was based on a table top as well... Who knows...

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seedofpower

@James_Giant_Peach said:

In my opinion, it blows.

You played it? What is is like?

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Nardak

I have played this game for a few hours now and it seems like a decent game. The game reminds me a bit of Myth game series.Though in this case you only control a few characters at a time. Fighting is pretty tactical and you only fight a few enemies at a time ( so far i have fought against groups of 1 to 3 enemies).

The view is from the top and you can move the camera around in order to look around. While playing the characters will level up and you can raise your attributes, upgrade your skills and choose to upgrade your armor and your weapon (some characters have 2 weapons...one for range and one for melee) in different ways.

The characters AI is somewhat lacking when it comes to pathing and in narrow spaces (like a dungeon) it is sometimes hard to differentiate your own units from the enemy units.According to the developer the game has a single player campaign that lasts about 25+ hours. Though dunno how much they have tested that since it is a relatively small company.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#11  Edited By KillyDarko
    @Seedofpower said:

@James_Giant_Peach said:

In my opinion, it blows.

Yeah, could you please expand on that? "It blows" doesn't really help much :)
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jimbo

I've stuck a few hours into it. It's not offensively bad, but it's really not very good either.

Imagine Dawn of War 2, except linear, without the loot aspect and the cool cover/firing arc stuff, and nowhere near as good.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Tennmuerti

The lack of actual gameplay videos on Steam is a telling point.
    Having looked up some actual gameplay vids on youtube it looks a whole lot like Dawn of War 2.
    On the official forums people are reporting that it's got quite a few issues with AI and unit pathing,
    Considering people are saying there is no loot aspect, i'll pass.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @KillyDarko said:
    @Seedofpower said:

@James_Giant_Peach said:

In my opinion, it blows.

Yeah, could you please expand on that? "It blows" doesn't really help much :)
    I think he means it flies, like Superman.  Yeah, that seems right.
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@Tennmuerti said:

The lack of actual gameplay videos on Steam is a telling point.Having looked up some actual gameplay vids on youtube it looks a whole lot like Dawn of War 2. On the official forums people are reporting that it's got quite a few issues with AI and unit pathing, Considering people are saying there is no loot aspect, i'll pass.

But...but you can play as a werewolf/wolf thing.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Seedofpower

Thanks guys, I guess I'll pass on this game or wait for it to go on sale. Maybe by then it will be patched and some of it's issues will be resolved.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Anund

I've played it as well. I can only agree: It's not offensively bad but for some reason it just never clicked with me. I think it's the linearity of the campaign (I'm only a couple of hours in though, it might open up!). I would compare the combat more to Baldur's Gate than Dawn of War 2: you can pause the game using the space bar and queue up actions for your characters.

In all honesty I don't know why I don't like it, it just didn't make me want to keep playing it.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By murisan

@KillyDarko: Don't mind him, he's basically a huge cunt. I have never seen him say anything positive about anything.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CheapPoison

What a bummer.

The confrontation IP is pretty cool.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zelyre

On top of that, the DRM. 5 installs.

I was going to buy this just because the art/screen shots looked like it'd be up my alley. Saw the DRM and removed it from my cart.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Karkarov

Yeah it is based on the french minuatures game called Confrontation which is basically a small scale warhammer fantasy. Normally played with fewer units and it uses alot of "personality" characters. I have only played the table top game a few times but it is fun, too bad the miniatures are prohibitively expensive. So while I cant speak to the game itself I know there is plenty of lore/backstory for it to pull on and the art design on the miniatures honestly is a cut above other companies so if they can bring that to the game I imagine it will be fairly good looking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.