Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Contra

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Feb 20, 1987

A Konami run-and-gun famous for its fast-paced, gritty, old-school action.

Let's Fail At Old Games: Contra

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Edited By ventilaator

I thought of an interesting experiment. 

How about I take an old classic game that I haven't played in several years, and record my attempt at playing it now? This will be a pure, unedited run. I will take a game, hit record and see how I do after several years. We all would like to think that some things are never forgotten, and if we'd sit down in front of one of these games we would run to the end on a single life on our first attempt.

As it turns out, things are much more grim than that.  

Previously:

Super Mario Bros

This time, Contra! I did quite a bit better than on Super Mario, so I had to split it into 2 videos.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ventilaator

I thought of an interesting experiment. 

How about I take an old classic game that I haven't played in several years, and record my attempt at playing it now? This will be a pure, unedited run. I will take a game, hit record and see how I do after several years. We all would like to think that some things are never forgotten, and if we'd sit down in front of one of these games we would run to the end on a single life on our first attempt.

As it turns out, things are much more grim than that.  

Previously:

Super Mario Bros

This time, Contra! I did quite a bit better than on Super Mario, so I had to split it into 2 videos.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.