Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cook, Serve, Delicious!

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 05, 2012

Touted as "a hardcore restaurant sim", this game will have you buying, preparing, and serving food to make your restaurant succeed.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! is great . .

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Winternet

. . but fuck, the first day of 3-star restaurant has sucked all my energy away. Jesus Christ, that was brutal. It was all day non-fucking-stop.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Just throw your hands up in defeat and serve only corn dogs. Seriously though, I just got to the two-star restaurant, and I've had both fun and my fill.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

What changes when you get to three stars? I'm like 12 days into 2 stars and I've almost upgraded all the foods I use.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By aleryn

Looks worth a try at least, hope every one on Steam has green-lighted it. And yeah, BUSY food service is a marathon run in real life too.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Winternet

@ajamafalous: the first days of getting a new star you always get a bump in buzz. So I was in the first day, with 7 active slots and 90% buzz (almost reaching 100% at some points) and it was ON all the time. And I had highly upgraded pizza, soup and wine in my menu. It was rough.

Apart from the new look to the restaurant (thank god. those ducks/geese/whatever were awful), you also get in a cooking tv show, which is basically a higher difficulty catering challenge.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mrcraggle

Tried out the demo and I had a difficult time trying to manage. Even on the first day I had over 50 people and I thought I'd give soup a go. Not a good idea. The problem with soup though is that the buttons don't match with any of the ingredients yet I've found for most over things they do so it really throws you off. The wine is also a bit of a kicker because you have to tap up rapidly. That said, I did enjoy my time with it and I did vote for the greenlight.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous
    @mrcraggle said:

Tried out the demo and I had a difficult time trying to manage. Even on the first day I had over 50 people and I thought I'd give soup a go. Not a good idea. The problem with soup though is that the buttons don't match with any of the ingredients yet I've found for most over things they do so it really throws you off. The wine is also a bit of a kicker because you have to tap up rapidly. That said, I did enjoy my time with it and I did vote for the greenlight.

The 'doesn't match the letter of the ingredient' thing is only a problem for the first few days of a new food; after that you've just memorized whatever key you need. 

@Winternet said:

@ajamafalous: the first days of getting a new star you always get a bump in buzz. So I was in the first day, with 7 active slots and 90% buzz (almost reaching 100% at some points) and it was ON all the time. And I had highly upgraded pizza, soup and wine in my menu. It was rough.

Apart from the new look to the restaurant (thank god. those ducks/geese/whatever were awful), you also get in a cooking tv show, which is basically a higher difficulty catering challenge.

Oh god, 7 active slots? I figured it'd stop at 6 since that's what the catering challenges were.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Winternet

@ajamafalous: the iron chef challenges that open when you get to 3-star have 9 active slots. Which makes me believe that at some point you will also have 9 slots on your restaurant. Just thinking about that is making my head hurt.

Avatar image for chainreaction01
    chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By chainreaction01

Same situation for me when I hit 2 stars, first day capped out at 107%. Shit gets crazy but fun with the right foods.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Winternet

2nd day completed now. It was even worse, at points the buzz was on 104%. In the end, 92 meals served with 91 perfects and 1 average. Also 20 out of 20 chores completed. And all my stamina is gone. Guess I'll play day 3 tomorrow or I go and take a long nap.

Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Mayu_Zane

Yeah, I need to take a break after an in-game day or two. It's fun but I just don't have the stamina.

Snotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Snotty

I bought this game for my missus, as we had been watching a cooking reality tv show together. I thought it would make a nice change of pace instead of her hidden object games. I didnt understand why it didnt click with her until I loaded it myself. This game is HARD, stressful, and takes full concentration in a way that many games wish they could.

Also, now I cant stop playing it

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Nephrahim

After hitting 3 star I felt the need to vent so I checked here, and what do you know, I'm not alone.

Jesus, between the 7th serving station and all my foods being so upgraded that if I miss a key it actually adds something to the meal, I've been getting 5 averages a day.

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By cosi83

Good experience for when that day comes when I have no choice but to look for work in the fast food industry.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By musubi

I want this game to hit steam already god damn it.

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Garris

Well I picked it up on the app store cause I thought my macbook could run it but it barely work its hard to hit a good frantic pace at about 5 fps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.