Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Costume Quest

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

A downloadable turn-based RPG by Double Fine. Play as a child on Halloween night in search of your twin sibling.

Just like the ladies say about me in bed. "Great! but short" Mmm!

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By EightBitShik

It's been several years since I have played Earthbound but all this time instead of going back to relive those amazing moments I have been asking for an RPG that at the very least would be similar. For me... Costume quest is that game with a little sprinkle of Super Mario RPG. I have complained a lot in the past of games being stupid short but when done right I can forgive it.  

I enjoyed almost every moment in the game from the randomness of the story, the cute characters and the humor that gave me a few out loud chuckles.  I hope the game does well so it will encourage more RPG's to come out for the arcade. After enjoying Costume quest and Vandal hearts this year I think the reason I haven't touched many RPGs in the past few years is because I lost interest when they were trying to appeal to a broader audience with it's gimmicky game play. So please Microsoft keep giving me these old school type RPG's you are making me one happy dude. 

So if you are my friend... go out and get CQ and if you don't like it I don't care just help me get more games like it mwhahah.  I'll keep this short it would be silly to blog about the game longer then the actual game O_o.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By EightBitShik

It's been several years since I have played Earthbound but all this time instead of going back to relive those amazing moments I have been asking for an RPG that at the very least would be similar. For me... Costume quest is that game with a little sprinkle of Super Mario RPG. I have complained a lot in the past of games being stupid short but when done right I can forgive it.  

I enjoyed almost every moment in the game from the randomness of the story, the cute characters and the humor that gave me a few out loud chuckles.  I hope the game does well so it will encourage more RPG's to come out for the arcade. After enjoying Costume quest and Vandal hearts this year I think the reason I haven't touched many RPGs in the past few years is because I lost interest when they were trying to appeal to a broader audience with it's gimmicky game play. So please Microsoft keep giving me these old school type RPG's you are making me one happy dude. 

So if you are my friend... go out and get CQ and if you don't like it I don't care just help me get more games like it mwhahah.  I'll keep this short it would be silly to blog about the game longer then the actual game O_o.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By umdesch4
    @EightBitShik said:
    " I hope the game does well so it will encourage more RPG's to come out for the arcade. [...] So please Microsoft keep giving me these old school type RPG's you are making me one happy dude. "
    Amen! I really liked the scale and scope, since I rarely get more than a couple evenings in a row to game, and when I do, I like something a little more involved than an FPS, but not a game that'll take me weeks to finish. Costume Quest totally fit the bill, and I had a blast with it. 

I hope it does well enough to inspire similar titles. Totally under-represented genre...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.