Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Costume Quest

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

A downloadable turn-based RPG by Double Fine. Play as a child on Halloween night in search of your twin sibling.

Licensing rights weren't bidded on during THQ auction

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/thq-inc-receive-6-55-215600268.html

Even though we probably weren't gonna get a sequel anyways I thought this deserved its own thread. Both Stacking and Costume Quest were in lot 6 under licensed games and no one placed a bid on em.

Why didn't Schaefer buy the licensing rights? Is Double Fine really that broke. I could understand not putting money into Stacking but Costume Quest?

If they wanted to make another CQ could they just wait until the contract for licensing rights expires? Or would it all depend on the original contract with THQ.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@maskedarcstrike: Double Fine already owns those games. What THQ had was the right to publish the games, not the games themselves. Presumably they revert back to their owners now and DF work out new deals for someone to publish the games.

I would assume people wouldn't bid on lot 6 because there isn't much to gain off of simply being allowed to publish something, over actually owning the property. No ones is going to make a lot of money by rereleasing any of those games, so being on the hook for the whole lot probably isn't a great investment

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.