Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

The fourth iteration of Valve's team-based modern-military first-person shooter, rebuilt and constantly expanded for competitive play with new maps, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics. It was later made free-to-play and most versions were later replaced with the sequel.

Any console gameplay?

EliteCreations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By EliteCreations

I've been trying to find console footage of CS: GO but to no avail. It's either me and my stupidity or them not releasing any footage at all, and if they aren't releasing any footage, then why?

Ever since they announced that there will no longer be any cross-platform gameplay between the PS3 and PC-Mac, I was extremely disappointed... but I'll trust Valve on this and buy the PS3 version (:

Moaz13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Moaz13

@EliteCreations: No, hey have not released any console footage yet. But seriously, why not buy the PC version? Counter-Strike is meant to be a PC game, the only reason they cancelled cross-platform play is that thumbsticks cannot keep up with the speed of Mice and Keyboards.

EliteCreations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EliteCreations

@Moaz13: Actually the reason why they cancelled cross-platform play is because when they make little updates on the PC/Mac, they would have to balance the console versions also. And making patches for consoles requires money, and so they got lazy and cancelled cross-platform.

Also, about the PC version thing. I know the PC version is obviously the superior one, but there are THOUSANDS of people who don't even have a good running PC, and this includes me! So yeah (:

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AlexW00d

@EliteCreations said:

@Moaz13: Actually the reason why they cancelled cross-platform play is because when they make little updates on the PC/Mac, they would have to balance the console versions also. And making patches for consoles requires money, and so they got lazy and cancelled cross-platform.

Also, about the PC version thing. I know the PC version is obviously the superior one, but there are THOUSANDS of people who don't even have a good running PC, and this includes me! So yeah (:

It's not laziness, it's them not being able to push out patches whenever they like. Sony requires like 2 weeks for certification.

Also the controller being shitty for FPS is totally a part of it.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By august

Cross platform play needed to be axed because if the game is going to be on console some sort of autoaim or bullet curving would have to be built in and no one on the pc side would tolerate that shit.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EXTomar

So wait...Valve is being lazy when Valve pushes out tons of content on PC but it turns out doing the same for consoles is much more difficult due to console and platform restrictions? I appears to me that the problem isn't Valve being lazy but that consoles don't fit the model.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By konig_kei

No ones going to play it anyway because it's crap. It's condition zero all over again.

EliteCreations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EliteCreations

@EXTomar: I don't know what I was typing, but my bad I didn't mean lazy. I ment it more in terms of it's more of a pain in the ass to be able to update the PC versions whenever you want but for consoles, the updates have to go through all of these process and for Sony or Microsoft to approve of these updates, and all in all, it wouldn't go smoothly if there was a cross-platform feature on both systems. My apologies (:

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CatsAkimbo

I've played it on a console at PAX and on the computer in the beta. The console one looked just as good as the PC one, but you want to play it on the PC, unless you're some kind of crazy person.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@konig_kei said:

No ones going to play it anyway because it's crap. It's condition zero all over again.

This x1000

RBolduc625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By RBolduc625

But couldn't they just do what Naughty Dog does with Uncharted MP? They have a direct link to their game and they can make changes on the fly without going through Sony. For example, changing the strength or diameter of a grenades damage and so on...

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By handlas

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

@konig_kei said:

This x1000

and that was a real shame because Condition Zero had a couple of really good maps that are now lost forever it seems.

de_sienna was one of them I believe.

I played a couple of hours now. Basically just Source with slightly adjusted map layouts but looks worse...imo. Character models and guns look weirder. No reason to buy it if you have Source.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.