Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

The fourth iteration of Valve's team-based modern-military first-person shooter, rebuilt and constantly expanded for competitive play with new maps, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics. It was later made free-to-play and most versions were later replaced with the sequel.

Debut Trailer on Gametrailers

Mu5hy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mu5hy

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-counter-strike-global/719794

I'm super hyped. A little bummed there is only going to be 5 de_maps at launch, but it's a good selection and I'm curious to see the changes. From the trailer Nuke looks like it has had a big overhaul(the lower bombsite at least), and for de_dust to be played competitively it has to have some significant changes. Super Super Hyped.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very dissapointed  the graphics look worst then CSS I thought they where suppose to improve them not impressed at all so far.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Sold.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By phrosnite

If it plays anything like SC: Source I"m out. Fuck source. It sucks. Bring back the feel of CS 1.6.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Three0neFive
    @phrosnite said:
    If it plays anything like SC: Source I"m out. Fuck source. It sucks. Bring back the feel of CS 1.6.
    Join a server with a good tickrate. Problem solved.
    Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    @JEC03 said:
    I'm very dissapointed  the graphics look worst then CSS I thought they where suppose to improve them not impressed at all so far.
    Yeah, because people played CSS for the graphics -__-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BestUsernameEver said:

@JEC03 said:

That's besides the point they said better graphics all I see is Console style graphics in that video.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @BestUsernameEver said:
    @JEC03 said:
    then why make a new game instead of making new content for the old game?
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By scarace360

Im sold ON PC!

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

@JEC03 said:
    Because it's a new game? And who said it doesn't look better, it looks way better, a bit more stylized. What's with people not wanting Valve and valve affiliates not to make sequels? 

EDIT: reading you comment twice really confused me. Are you saying the only reason to make a sequel is to make it look better? That's like saying, mario galaxy didn't need a sequel that is galaxy 2, because it doesn't look any better, WAT? 
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cloudenvy

I think it looks neat!

ImaLizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImaLizard

Cross platform play? What the hell? Well, that makes the game completely unplayable for console users, hurray for pc gaming!

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By scarace360
    @ImaLizard said:
    Cross platform play? What the hell? Well, that makes the game completely unplayable for console users, hurray for pc gaming!
    HIP HIP HORA!
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TotalEklypse

Lol, Mouse vs controller. I'm sorry but console guys have no chance.  

This is day one buy for me just so I get to help murder all the console "elites".. If I wait to buy it, they all may have rage quit the game and went back to COD :( 
     Anyone who says the console people will get aim assist. So what? They are going to need all the help they can get.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @BestUsernameEver said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

@JEC03 said:
    Because it's a new game? And who said it doesn't look better, it looks way better, a bit more stylized. What's with people not wanting Valve and valve affiliates not to make sequels?  EDIT: reading you comment twice really confused me. Are you saying the only reason to make a sequel is to make it look better? That's like saying, mario galaxy didn't need a sequel that is galaxy 2, because it doesn't look any better, WAT? 
    I guess you're right. For some weird reason I just feel like this game shouldn't exist, and I don't even play CS.. Why are there so many people against it? 

Personally i've never been a fan of arena shooters, I get way too bored holding down shift and running in circles around a small neighborhood waiting to see people to kill, but hey what the hell, I love Valve and wanna support them, and I don't mind having some Counter Strike to go along with my Battlefield 

Now that i've debated it with myself, i'm looking forward to this game!
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Cross platform support will be fun. At least PS3 can use Mouse and Keyboard, so there's that.

Mu5hy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mu5hy

PS3 vs MAC vs PC, and you can plug in a keyboard and mouse for the PS3. I think the art style is fine - I've played CS and Source for a decade, and I'm pretty hyped for this game.

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

I guess you're right. For some weird reason I just feel like this game shouldn't exist, and I don't even play CS.. Why are there so many people against it?

I think a lot of the negativity out there about this game is from people who don't even play CS, or haven't in a very long time. I've played cs for a large % of my life, over a decade, and I still play Source today. if someone asks me what video games I play, I say Counter-Strike, I'm more of a Counter-Strike player than a 'Gamer'. Most of the people I know online are from cs and all I hear from them is an optimistic anticipation for the game. I think the x-platform play is going to be fun, what PC gamer would turn down the chance to destroy people playing with controllers? The spectating tools Valve is developing for DOTA2 will be utilized for CS:GO and Hidden Path is listening to the players on how to keep the game balanced and competitive with esports in mind.

The graphical style does invoke a "Counter-Strike : 4 Dead 2" type vibe, but I think it fits well and looks pretty good.

No one ever really cared what Counter-Strike looked like, it's about the gameplay - and I won't judge that until I play it for myself.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Franstone

I was terribly excited... 
    Until I actually saw it.
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Dingofighter

I don't feel like CS is the best type of game to use cross-platform play, considering how twitch-based it is...

Still, it doesn't really hurt that it's there either.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jeffsekai

I was really excited for this game, but that looked really bad. The gun models look like shit, and what the fuck is with that reticle makes the whole game look like some shitty knockoff.

MajorToms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MajorToms

So they're building the controls from the ground up, so it doesn't feel like either CS 1.6 or Source. From what I see it looks significantly more visually appealing. Source just looks nominally more enhanced than 1.6. This looks like it has better shaders, textures, models, and lighting. I don't know what you're all bitching about.

Also, have they confirmed what cross-platform play actually means? My understanding would be consoles (PS3 vs. Xbox 360) and PCs (Mac vs. Windows PC). The notion of PS3 Mouse and keyboards vs. PCs seems a little odd. They surely can't expect console gamers to plug those two devices in, that's why those people go with consoles. I do understand that you can connect to Steam through PS3, but what about Xbox? No mouse and keyboard support. No Steam support. Free DLC? Microsoft is getting left for dead by Valve.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By TheHT

I've got no interest in getting back into CS. Except maybe for 1.6.

That looked OK, but didn't change my mind.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better animations, better looking lighting, and overall a nicer looking style. I am liking it so far.

Mu5hy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mu5hy

@MajorToms said:

So they're building the controls from the ground up, so it doesn't feel like either CS 1.6 or Source. From what I see it looks significantly more visually appealing. Source just looks nominally more enhanced than 1.6. This looks like it has better shaders, textures, models, and lighting. I don't know what you're all bitching about.

Also, have they confirmed what cross-platform play actually means? My understanding would be consoles (PS3 vs. Xbox 360) and PCs (Mac vs. Windows PC). The notion of PS3 Mouse and keyboards vs. PCs seems a little odd. They surely can't expect console gamers to plug those two devices in, that's why those people go with consoles. I do understand that you can connect to Steam through PS3, but what about Xbox? No mouse and keyboard support. No Steam support. Free DLC? Microsoft is getting left for dead by Valve.

Microsoft is the reason the Xbox is getting left out, and a PS3 player with a controller will be able play against PC/Mac players - Mouse and Keyboard isn't mandatory for the PS3, but it is supported. Right now it sounds like X-Platform means PS3/PC/MAC players will be able to player together in the same server.

MajorToms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MajorToms

@Mu5hysaid:

@MajorToms said:

Microsoft is the reason the Xbox is getting left out, and a PS3 player with a controller will be able play against PC/Mac players - Mouse and Keyboard isn't mandatory for the PS3, but it is supported. Right now it sounds like X-Platform means PS3/PC/MAC players will be able to player together in the same server.

Mhmm. I was more asking if they had confirmed what Cross-platform Play means. It's all speculation from what I can tell as of right now. To me it seems odd that they would incorporate console vs. PCs, even if PS3 has the potential for Mouse and Keyboard.

I wouldn't count Xbox out of the loop quite yet. For all we know console gamers will only play console gamers. If players can connect to dedicated servers like other platforms, they should have no problem playing against them. Microsoft could possibly deny that right of Valve, but EA does it with newer console games. Mass Effect 2 connects to dedicated Bioware servers for DLC. Should it not be possible for Valve to pull something like this off but for actual gameplay?

What I'm really getting at is simple questions. Do they want people to continue to play their game on console or just get frustrated by PC player dominance and never go back to it? It just feels like there is a high potential for this game to fail on consoles if cross-platform play incorporates PCs vs. consoles.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By pweidman

This is obviously being made for the hardcore CS fans on pc. I can't believe how dated that trailer looks.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Evilmetal

It looks like a modified Counter Strike. New models... sounds... textures... some UI enhancements... Even in this latest iteration, it looks dated. The reload animations are like some first time modeler/animator made them.  Lack of iron sights. There is no vaulting/climbing animation, like Modern Warfare. The game just looks like a 'fresh' old CS.   From the MW series I'd only take the weapons and reload animations, iron sights... additionally the ability to climb objects. [I don't have any COD series game, but from what I've seen is what I based my opinions on. I've seen a lot.]

Surely they can't be seeking $59.99 for CS:GO... asking $49.99 seems a bit steep. I think I'd value the game, initially (a day 1 price), from $29.99 to $34.99.  Anything higher is asking for trouble.  Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe $39.99, day 1, but day 2 goes lower.

How can they defend against 34.99? 

The claim that PC players vs PS3 players vs X360 players? Who cares, right? Is the server filled? good player? okay. They should not anchor on the cross-platform aspect, it should be looked at as a logical network evolution. The idea was posed long ago, no science here.  Though I wonder how the masses will like the possibility of saying "I am the best player across ALL platforms" , for ego. Maybe this angle can strike a nerve. Though with the PC version there may very well be aimbots and stuff... So you have some console player getting aimbotted "WTF!" . Hehe...  A new angle for rage may be created. Some console player: "Fuckin' PC player h4xing. FAKE SKILLZ, I'm gonna report your ID to Microsoft!"

Continuing (on how can they defend against $34.99).... The updated graphics? Come on... with texture packs... models.. sound packs.. you can make CS and CSS look wonderful.  What do they bring to the table with GO? It looks like more of the same.  A new mode or two? The core workings of the game look the same.  I think they want to just lay it out there that they want to make CS more accessible, but they didn't gamble a lot buy doing things a bit "MW-ish". I wonder what console players will think......  "A modern throw-back to a cult classic"?  I guess in the end, wait and see.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DonPixel

Looks good, CS is not about graphics or features, is about it´s crazy dedicated comunity and the best bullet physics of any shooter out there.

Is this going to be a Xboxlive donwload or a full retail disc?

Mentalnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mentalnova

So fugly. All they will do is cater to people who played CS before, the new market will not tolerate a modern FPS with no ADS and dated animations/graphics (seriously looks like a free Korean FPS from 2005).

And rebuying weapons when you die is the worst balance cycle you could come up with giving good players more cash for the better guns and armor while you start off with low tier every round. If they charge more than $15 then that will be greedy.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#30  Edited By Sooperspy

models don't look too hot, but everything else looks better. Still wanna try it out.

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ds8k

@phrosnite said:

StarCraft: Source?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#32  Edited By wefwefasdf

@DonPixel: I would guess it will be a retail disc like Shadowrun (hopefully more successful...) was. Hopefully they'll reveal some more information soon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should of used of the cryengine 2 to make it more appealing graphic wise granted it would cost them some money but they can afford it easily.Also the gun and arms look wierd  the weapon menu is meh really theres no reason to buy this game if you already played 1.6 or source they made changes but not for the better.Of course its not all about the graphics but they some how made it look worst then source graphics its low saturated colors look so much like COD a big pass on this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.