Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Counter-Strike

Franchise »

Counter-Strike is a popular team-based first-person shooter that pits terrorists against counter-terrorists.

Counter-Strike at Home: The Never Ending Quest for Quality

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By insouciant

I used to be addicted to Counter-Strike 1.6 on LAN, so my dream was to have the Counter-Strike experience at home. 

It was 2004.  My old computer only had 256MB of RAM, so I bought a new one with 1GB of RAM, a 2.2GHz processor, and an ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card (with 128MB of memory).  I don't know what happened, maybe it was the graphics card, but the resolution looked crappy, and when I would zoom in with the awp, the textures looked blocky. 

So I gave up for a while, and then I got CS: Source.  I still had the exact same hardware, but Source ran better because you could scale it down.  However, there was major lag because I had a 256K DSL internet connection.  I didn't really think that through.  My quest for Counter-Strike at home was never fulfilled.
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TotalEklypse

..... O there's the problem. You used the AWP. It auto sets the game to fail. Anyway.. did you try to turn the res up in settings? I used to play cs on a 56k waaaaay before 2004 lol. I dont see why source wouldnt run on dsl honestly.  I used to play it on dsl when I still lived in the boonies of Colorado.
    insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By insouciant
    @TotalEklypse:
    Yeah, no matter how high I made the resolution it was still blocky.  I guess it wasn't "major lag," just a lot laggier than LAN, which was what I was used to.  Also, maybe my hardware was causing high fps.
    destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By destruktive
    @insouciant said:
    " @TotalEklypse: Yeah, no matter how high I made the resolution it was still blocky.  I guess it wasn't "major lag," just a lot laggier than LAN, which was what I was used to.  Also, maybe my hardware was causing high fps. "
    Well.. you actually do want high fps.. it's the oppesite that's bad.
    Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Alexander

Broadband connection anyone?

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By insouciant
    @destruktive:
    Oh right, I meant low fps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.