Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Counter-Strike

Franchise »

Counter-Strike is a popular team-based first-person shooter that pits terrorists against counter-terrorists.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive only 15 dollars?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By moywar700

Shooting games are usually 60$ but CSGO is only 15$. They could had charged the game a lot of more money.There must be some hidden agenda behind this.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By bicycleham

Valve is nice.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By moywar700

@Xolare said:

Valve is nice.

most business are out to make money. they have something planned or maybe this is suppose to mean something?

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

why would they charge more? it's counterstrike... a game that used to be free if you owned half life :P

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB

And DOTA 2 is free to play.

I think it's more that Valve is making enough money with Steam that cheaper games are put on the service just to entice people to buy other stuff (since by default, the storefront opens every time you open Steam).

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By moywar700

@Marz said:

why would they charge more? it's counterstrike... a game that used to be free if you owned half life :P

because people would pay despite being costly. Just look at recent cod franchise.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Simplexity

Pretty sure CS:Go is a download-only game, you could hardly charge 60 bucks for that.

Bubbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bubbly

You have to remember that the game is multiplayer only and that it is another remake of CS. I've played a shit ton of CS in my day, and for people like me there are some meaningful changes with this game, but that doesn't negate the fact that it is yet another CS. I've played a decent amount and have been enjoying it, but there is no way I would buy this for $60. They could've probably gotten away with charging $20 or even $25, but not $60. I'm assuming you aren't a PC gamer, because if you were you would know about Steam Sales and how cheap games on the PC can get. Heck I'm not even gonna buy this game at $15 because I know it is gonna go on sale at some point.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Marz

@moywar700 said:

@Marz said:

because people would pay despite being costly. Just look at recent cod franchise.

i'm playing the beta for CS: GO and it's pretty much the same CS game with a new skin and some added interface functionality. Hardly enough new content to justify a 60$ price tag.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By supamon

I guess OP isn't used to how Valve works. They'll probably go cosmetics route with their steam workshop similar to how Team Fortress 2 is like now.

Also, Valve isn't like Activision.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By CheapPoison

I think if it was 60 they wouldn't sell too well. You can look at it every way you want it is just basically another remake of the original counter-strike.

And they don't have to provide too much content just enable mod tools and counter-strike will in a few months have tons of maps and random stuff to play around with.

Maybe a effort to finally entice over the 1.6 and source players into one game and promote that as a competitive game. Not sure if they want to get into the competitive scene but they can.

Also i think Valve is in such a safe spot right now that they just might want to throw stuff out there to experiment on price points. Although that would probably not be the way to do it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

@Simplexity: Sure you could... there are plenty of $60 games on steam. Your just going to sell MORE at a lower price.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jack268

There will be hats...

So many hats...

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Seedofpower

@moywar700 said:

@Xolare said:

Valve is nice.

most business are out to make money. they have something planned or maybe this is suppose to mean something?

Most business are out to maximize profits. The reason they do this is that they have investors to please and most of these investers don't care about the product or the service they just want the money. Lucky enough Valve isn't on the stock market and doesn't have to answer to anyone. Thus they can afford to be awesome and that's why people love them.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By emergency

It make sense. It'll sell really well at this price, which means the community will thrive. There is a lot of work put into it, however it's simple recreation of the older games in a new engine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.