Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the popular open-world supercop game. Players return to Pacific City, where rampaging mutants and resistance groups vie for control of the streets. The sequel adds four-player co-op along with competitive multiplayer.

Chuck's Ducks 2?

ItstheRoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ItstheRoss

I was playing the Crackdown 2 demo at E3 and I saw there were these little cards on the demo kiosk for something called "Chuck's Ducks 2 Beta", with a user name and password to sign up for it at www.chucksducks2.com
    So I went to the website and it turns out it's a Facebook game. It didn't look like it had anything to do with Crackdown 2 at first, it has a cutesy carnival games art style. It's a basic 'Same Game' colored block matching game clone, clearing a board of balloons earns you ducks, then it goes to a little shooting gallery minigame that's like reverse Duck Hunt- you shoot hunters popping out of the grass who are trying to shoot down your ducks. 
    Oh, and the ducks are flying into Pacific City. Which is the only Crackdown reference I can find in the game. 
    There's a 'Facebook Duck Total" counter on the side that says it will unlock something in the Crackldown 2 demo when it is filled. So I guess that's the whole point of this thing.
    It just seems really random and stylistically different from Crackdown. I mean there's a hundred things they could have made a web game about that would have more to do with Crackdown 2... taking out gangs or running over zombies or whatever... but instead it's about popping balloons for ducks? Maybe there will be something in the game that makes sense of it.

AdamTwomey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AdamTwomey

well there is the quacker bomb, basicly a rubber duck in the demo thats locked, so maybe it unlocks it

ItstheRoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ItstheRoss

Yeah now that the demo has come out it makes sense... kinda

xxRabidxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By xxRabidxx
    @ItstheRoss:  Thread is a few days old but... 

Throughout Crackdown 1 there were rubber ducks hidden around the city.  You could pick them up and throw them at people but they were basically just an interactive easter egg.  As you now know though, they are now being used as the most devastating explosive in Crackdown 2 and from what I understand you have to find them or get them from Chucks Ducks 2.  There won't be anywhere to refill your supply besides that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.