Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the popular open-world supercop game. Players return to Pacific City, where rampaging mutants and resistance groups vie for control of the streets. The sequel adds four-player co-op along with competitive multiplayer.

Gamespot Review. 7.0

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee
    Well dayum. Really is quite a fall from the original, or rather it's actually the exact same... Still better than what I was expecting. And Chris is one of my favourite GS reviewers - AKA one of the only reviewers I can tolerate over there. So I'll find it understandable over his opinion that despite its many flaws it has the potential for some casual fun.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

It looks like the 1UP, Kotaku, and IGN reviews are similarly torn about this game. It's very similar to the original, and it still has many of the same shortcomings. In spite of that though, it sounds like there is the potential for some co-op fun to be had.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By jimi

This is bound to happen, they are remaking a game that was groundbreaking in a time where the genre has evolved drastically.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dbz1995

Your avatar works great with 'well, dayum' there, Abyssfull.
      Other than that, it seems to be a good 'lazy game', where you just do stuff for the hell of it. There's no story you'll have to think about, it's just 'holy shit, you see that thing fly?'

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By thebeast

No idea how respected Eurogamer are around here, but they gave it an unusually high (for them) 8.0

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Yummylee
    @TheBeast said:
    " No idea how respected Eurogamer are around here, but they gave it an unusually high (for them) 8.0.  "
    ...That's the same score as they gave Red Dead Redemption too. O.o I know it's there opinion and all that and can't really argue against but...but good god do their opinions suck.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy

I played the demo and it's amazing. I loved the first game and it seems that if you were a fan, this one is right up your alley as well. It's definitely gonna be a purchase for me

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By rachelepithet

Its weird that if these games werent really hyped, and were just something like you'd rent over a weekend based on the cover art and thinking "sandbox game" I think in that case your expectations would be beat. But when packaged with the Halo beta, and since GTA4 had yet come out, Microsoft basically made Crackdown seem like the next Brute Force before we found out what Brute Force really was, and both turned out the same way too. 

Crackdown can be mindless fun. The antigravity building climbing/hopping element was kind of original then, not now in the age of Infamous/Prototype/Assassin'sCreed of course, and the Mario 64 item collection element was saved by the fact you become way better having collected those orbs. The vehicles were fun to drive. And the explosive third person combat seemed to work better than the clunky way GTA games had handled before. 

But you rarely ever needed vehicles. You never tackled a significant boss battle mostly bigger waves of pawns. Looking for orbs took more time than the time spent using your newfound strength/speed/featherweight against foes. And the story might have been less complex than Super Mario Bros'  

It just didn't feel like $60 worth of game.
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Gabriel

I wonder who's gonna review it on GB if it's Jeff or Ryan I see 2-3 stars, Brad or Vinny 3-4

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mrskidders

Gamewhat?

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Jeffsekai

Sounds about right.

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Clinkz
    @Jimi said:
    " This is bound to happen, they are remaking a game that was groundbreaking in a time where the genre has evolved drastically. "
    Lol we are talking about Crackdown right?
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @TheBeast said:

" No idea how respected Eurogamer are around here, but they gave it an unusually high (for them) 8.0.  "

Eurogamer has 0 credibility.  Read their Arma 2 expansion pack review.  It's worthless as a review.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @TheBeast said:

Eurogamer has 0 credibility.  Read their Arma 2 expansion pack review.  It's worthless as a review. "
    first off this whole credibility thing is fucking stupid. i hate whenever people say shit like that. you take reviews WAY too serious bro.  

okay... for now on, lets not say anything to detract from inFamous' greatness. don't say prototype and dont mention crackdown 1, and dont say crackdown 2 will be better. 
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By toowalrus

Saw some new trailers for the game this weekend, looked totally awful. I don't have any interest in this game for awhile. If one of the reviewers I trust these things too says some great things about it, maybe I'll come around.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @TwoOneFive said:

" @teh_pwnzorer said:

" @TheBeast said:

Eurogamer has 0 credibility.  Read their Arma 2 expansion pack review.  It's worthless as a review. "
    first off this whole credibility thing is fucking stupid. i hate whenever people say shit like that. you take reviews WAY too serious bro.   okay... for now on, lets not say anything to detract from inFamous' greatness. don't say prototype and dont mention crackdown 1, and dont say crackdown 2 will be better.  "
    I doubt  I "take reviews WAY too serious."  I just posted a single line of text there and I rarely post about review scores.  If I top-post a wall of text filled with expletives about a review score I didn't like, THEN remind to ignore reviews.
    septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By septim
    @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @TheBeast said:

Isn't Eurogamer the place that always rates UK developed games really high? If so that would explain the score.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Yummylee
    @septim said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @TheBeast said:

Isn't Eurogamer the place that always rates UK developed games really high? If so that would explain the score. "
    After reading the review, I'm inclined to agree. Does seem rather biased. He makes it out to be one of the greatest open world games of the decade and completely shrugs at the fact, that he also admits, to it being identical to its predecessor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.