Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the popular open-world supercop game. Players return to Pacific City, where rampaging mutants and resistance groups vie for control of the streets. The sequel adds four-player co-op along with competitive multiplayer.

Knee-Jerk Impressions on Crackdown 2

• 63 results
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

Umm they did say that killing the weapons expert would effect the weapons the enemies used but it wasn't really implemented into the game  

just so you know .......

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Sil3n7
    @slyspider said:
    " @Sil3n7 said:
    " @slyspider said:
    " @Sil3n7: ur a dumnass. "
    You can't spell... so really, who is the dumb ass? "
    still you "
    Good job!! You spelled both of those words right!!

No Caption Provided
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Gabriel
    @mikeeegeee said:
    " Wow, it's a demo. Also, it has CCR in the soundtrack. For that reason alone I'm incredibly hyped. "
    WHAT CCR.... 

I'm buying an Xbox
    ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By ozzdog12
    @BlazeHedgehog:  I agree wholeheartedly
    Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Helimocopter

i liked it 
    also, the amount of nerdrage that is happening in this thread is phenomenal and hilarious

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56  Edited By LegalBagel

Agreed, somehow I didn't enjoy this demo as much as I enjoyed the first Crackdown (and the demo that hooked me).  Not sure if it's actually a worse game, or if Just Cause 2, Infamous, Prototype have raised my standards for crazy open world games.  Just seems far too clunky mechanically - shooting, movement, fighting, ledge-grabbing nightmares are all pretty bad.  They were somewhat bad before, but at least it was still a lot of fun.

Looking more like a $20-30 Amazon deal buy a couple months from now than a day one purchase.

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By schizogony

The Crackdown 2 demo made me realize just how much better Crackdown 1 is.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By gike987
    @Deathpooky said:
    "  Agreed, somehow I didn't enjoy this demo as much as I enjoyed the first Crackdown (and the demo that hooked me).  Not sure if it's actually a worse game, or if Just Cause 2, Infamous, Prototype have raised my standards for crazy open world games.  Just seems far too clunky mechanically - shooting, movement, fighting, ledge-grabbing nightmares are all pretty bad.  They were somewhat bad before, but at least it was still a lot of fun. Looking more like a $20-30 Amazon deal buy a couple months from now than a day one purchase. "
    It is a worse game I played the first game after I played Just Cause 2 and I like it a lot more than this demo.
    BlazeHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#59  Edited By BlazeHedgehog
    @Deathpooky said:
    "  Agreed, somehow I didn't enjoy this demo as much as I enjoyed the first Crackdown (and the demo that hooked me).  Not sure if it's actually a worse game, or if Just Cause 2, Infamous, Prototype have raised my standards for crazy open world games.  Just seems far too clunky mechanically - shooting, movement, fighting, ledge-grabbing nightmares are all pretty bad.  They were somewhat bad before, but at least it was still a lot of fun. Looking more like a $20-30 Amazon deal buy a couple months from now than a day one purchase. "

Yeah, that's definitely the thing. Crackdown 2 retains certain elements of the original Crackdown that feel kind of dated. Like, you think of how you climb buildings in other games - you actually CLIMB. In Crackdown and now Crackdown 2, you just sort of... continually hop up a series of ledges. It's functional, sure, but it could be replaced with something that shows a little more finesse. I also seem to have a lot more trouble with the lock-on system in Crackdown 2 than I remember having in Crackdown 1. It feels like I am constantly locking on to the enemy that is furthest away, or a recently exploded car, or just about anything else other than my intended target, even when it feels like I have my reticule on top of the guy I want to shoot when I hit "lock on". I also seem to recall being able to lock on to a guy and melee him but, at least in the CD2 demo, locking on to a guy seems to make punching him basically impossible.
    slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By slyspider
    @Sil3n7 said:

" @slyspider said:

" @Sil3n7 said:
    " @slyspider said:
    still you "

No Caption Provided
    "
    ... ok now your an asshole congraz
    Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sil3n7
    @slyspider said:
    " @Sil3n7 said:

" @slyspider said:

" @Sil3n7 said:
    " @slyspider said:
    still you "

No Caption Provided
    "
    ... ok now your an asshole congraz "
    Let me help you fix your grammar....again

"ok now you're an asshole congratulations"
    Avatar image for hcgjadeheart123
    HCGJadeHeart123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HCGJadeHeart123

The Crackdown 2 demo did not capture my attention.  I found the game to be monotonous and  repetitive.  I enjoyed plowing over the zombies with a truck for about 5 minutes before I became bored.  I also chased after some orbs.  Nothing that made me want to spend $60 on a game though....  I think the most attractive part of the demo was the ability to start the achievement process, but other than that, the game seems to be blah.

Maclintok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By Maclintok

I see your point. The demo didn't wow me either. I deleted it without even finishing what was on offer in the demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.