Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the popular open-world supercop game. Players return to Pacific City, where rampaging mutants and resistance groups vie for control of the streets. The sequel adds four-player co-op along with competitive multiplayer.

Now here's a game that knows how to do avatar awards

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Shadow

I recently started playing Crackdown 2 not even realizing the game had avatar awards, and I was in for a pleasant surprise.  Normally with a game that has avatar awards, you'll get a collection of shirts, helmets, or the occasional prop.  Crackdown 2 puts all that to shame.  It's got a little of everything, all of which is worth putting on your xbox-branded Mii ripoff.  With the main game, you get a shirt, a hoodie, slippers, an agent suit, and a hat, all of which look cool.  If that's not enough, the suit + helmet combos you get from playing each of the DLC packs are actually better quality and cooler looking than anything I've seen anywhere on the avatar marketplace.  I'd go so far as to say that the DLC is worth the cost of admission for the avatar awards alone.  I just thought it was worth mentioning since no one else seems to have done so in the game's coverage.  The game itself is a ton of fun as well.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

It might know Avatar awards, but it doesn't know how to be a good game.

ZING!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan  Online

I think the reason no one seems to care about this game is that it's pretty much the same as the last one, just with more zombies.  

Also, I haven't done anything to my Avatar since they put up some free cowboy stuff a long while ago, thus making my avatar a badass cowboy with aviators sunglasses, and I'd rather stick with that than some Crackdown stuff. 

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zombie2011
    @EpicSteve said:
    " It might know Avatar awards, but it doesn't know how to be a good game.

ZING! "
    It is a good game. 
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan  Online
    @zombie2011 said:
    " @EpicSteve said:
    " It might know Avatar awards, but it doesn't know how to be a good game.

ZING! "
    It is a good game.  "
    ZING!  

I haven't played it, but I know I got enough Crackdown when I played the first one, and the second one doesn't offer enough new stuff to bring me back in.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Shadow
    @MooseyMcMan: 

I'm enjoying the second game way more than the first.  They really went off the deep end with the crazy bullshit that the game is more fun for it.  It also helped that I got it at a Gamestop buy-2-get-1-free thing with Just Cause 2 and the ODST/Forza combo pack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.