Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the popular open-world supercop game. Players return to Pacific City, where rampaging mutants and resistance groups vie for control of the streets. The sequel adds four-player co-op along with competitive multiplayer.

So what's actually new then?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

I'm not a hater I promise!! I just wanted to compile a list as to why this is a sequel and not just glorified DLC, so... 

- The Glidesuit 
    - Barge manouvere 

....What else? And what did they take out?
    ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By ez123

You say you're not a hater and then don't even mention the MAG grenade. Come on now. The weapons are new, I've seen that UV shotty and the Flocket Launcher. They're not in the demo but there's different types of enemies, not just regular freaks and cell.  There's freaks that supposedly can follow you even when you're on top of buildings and stuff.  The story audio logs, meaning an attempt at an actual story.  There's multiplayer, even if it is tacked on. Rocket Tag could be fun. There are two more players in Co-op. 

They took out morphing cars. You can't seem to pick colors for cars either.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By gike987
    @ez123 said:
    " You say you're not a hater and then don't even mention the MAG grenade. Come on now. The weapons are new, I've seen that UV shotty and the Flocket Launcher. They're not in the demo but there's different types of enemies, not just regular freaks and cell.  There's freaks that supposedly can follow you even when you're on top of buildings and stuff.  The story audio logs, meaning an attempt at an actual story.  There's multiplayer, even if it is tacked on. Rocket Tag could be fun. There are two more players in Co-op.  They took out morphing cars. You can't seem to pick colors for cars either. "
    Rocket Tag was in the originals DLC.
    ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ez123
    @gike987: Hmm, first game had no multiplayer. Was it just two dudes shooting at each other?

Even so, I never said that part was new. I said the multiplayer was new and rocket tag sounds fun.
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gike987
    @ez123 said:
    " @gike987: Hmm, first game had no multiplayer. Was it just two dudes shooting at each other?  Even so, I never said that part was new. I said the multiplayer was new and rocket tag sounds fun. "
    I never played the first crackdown online so I don't know how it works.
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Ah sorry m8 I only had a brief time with the demo and now I'm stuck @ work readin the forums haha!! I honestly didnt know about the MAG grenade!!  

Anyway it seems to be additions to the basic mechanics of the game instead of adding gameplay elements. By that I mean weapons and enemy types are still used/dealt with in the same way as before and could have been DLC. I like how melee is now a combo but the animation is appalling in my opinion!  Audio logs are a fantastic element and when implemented into the right game are a very good narrative element, but will people care about Crackdowns story that much? 
    Multiplayer options are sweet tho, exploring th city together is a nice addition!! 

Just a question on ommissions, could you cycle targets on the first game when locked on? And melee wen locked on aswell?
    ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ez123
    @ShalashaskaUK666: Yeah, the melee isn't good. I like using the lamp posts, the punches and kicks against freaks do this weird thing where if you keep pressing B, the agent elevates. It's annoying. I'm not 100% sure about the targeting stuff, I'll put the game in after typing this and check.
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Ah thats a new thing actually! Weapon specific melee animations! I dont think u could actually swing stuff in C1 could u? In this one havnt they changed which button is throw to therefore allow that?
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gike987
    @ShalashaskaUK666 said:
    " Ah sorry m8 I only had a brief time with the demo and now I'm stuck @ work readin the forums haha!! I honestly didnt know about the MAG grenade!!   Anyway it seems to be additions to the basic mechanics of the game instead of adding gameplay elements. By that I mean weapons and enemy types are still used/dealt with in the same way as before and could have been DLC. I like how melee is now a combo but the animation is appalling in my opinion!  Audio logs are a fantastic element and when implemented into the right game are a very good narrative element, but will people care about Crackdowns story that much? Multiplayer options are sweet tho, exploring th city together is a nice addition!!  Just a question on ommissions, could you cycle targets on the first game when locked on? And melee wen locked on aswell? "
    You could melee when locked on I used to do that all the time.
    ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ez123
    @ShalashaskaUK666: I think so. Okay, the first game, you couldn't cycle targets and it would keep aiming at the dead person. You can totally melee when locked on so that's gone. 
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By pweidman

Well just quickly, there's 4 player co-op this time, instead of gangs it's cell, and freaks, co-op orbs, orbs u chase, versus mp, new weapons of course(the one u get when clearing the freak cave is handy)that are enemy specific, cell vs freaks, chaining stuff together and dragging it around w/choppers.  Looks like the overall structure of taking back the city will revolve around those laser towers u set up, or whatever they're called,lol.  Enough variation for me but still the same mindless fun.  Orrrrrbbbbbbbsssssss...   0.0
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

This time the explosions are super duper cool.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Thanks very much for the feedback guys, GB community FTW!! :D 

Anyway yeh that really sucks they took out lock on melee but I guess its just as simple as letting go of the trigger, but still that just means a button becomes useless whilst you hold down another! The freaks chasing you thing is kinda cool, cant beat rooftop battles against the infected!! Prototype did that really well so hopefully C2 will aswell!! I also just realised they took out the ground pound!!

Bottom line: Do you guys think it has enough innovation throughout to warrant a sequel?

Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Helimocopter

new enemies 
    helicopter/wingsuit gives player an entirely new means of transportation
    competitve multiplayer
    new weapons
    4 player co-op

RiiMitsukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By RiiMitsukai

New Things in crackdown 2: 
    1. colour choosing for suits and cars (although it wasnt in the demo, i believe theyre adding vehicle colour choice) 
    2. New suit 
    3. New weapons (Mag grenade, UV shotgun, UV Grenade etc) 
    4. Same city, new environments (Underground lairs, destroyed parts of city) 
    5. Vehicle progression is different (instead of transforming vehicles, Lvl1-Dispatch Vehicle, Lvl2-Buggy with mounted gun, Lvl3-Super car, Lvl4-SUV, Lvl5-Tank, Lvl6-Helicopter) 
    6. Full agility awards glide suit for flight 
    7. 4 Player Co-op, 16 player online 
    8. new factions (Cell, Freaks) 
    9. (Unsure about this) City evolution (as place get cleared of enemies, city rebuilds, Agency tower changes over time) 
    10. Abilities (Barge, Detach Turrets etc.) 

If i remember any more ill post  

Amilmitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Amilmitt
    @ShalashaskaUK666 said:
    "

Thanks very much for the feedback guys, GB community FTW!! :D 

Anyway yeh that really sucks they took out lock on melee but I guess its just as simple as letting go of the trigger, but still that just means a button becomes useless whilst you hold down another! The freaks chasing you thing is kinda cool, cant beat rooftop battles against the infected!! Prototype did that really well so hopefully C2 will aswell!! I also just realised they took out the ground pound!!

Bottom line: Do you guys think it has enough innovation throughout to warrant a sequel?

"
    They still have ground pound its now a level 5 strength unlock, it works amazingly againset groups of freaks.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187

Personally, I don't need anything to be new.  I just need to be able to go out, collect orbs, do achievements, and kill lots of shit.  That was how I enjoyed Crackdown.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

I'm really enjoying this game now tbh, its jus good ol fashioned arcadey fun!! The graphics and animation arent the best but I think its extremely fun when everything comes together and you're smacking a group of thugs with a lamppost haha!! :D

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Shadow

The freaks come out...........................................................at night

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By simian

New even more irritating Orb types.
    I'll admit though that I'm bummed that they did away with car alterations based on your driving level. Not that it made a whole lot of sense but it was cool to watch.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By gearhead

The case.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ez123

Orb Ping is an awesome addition I just mentioned. I won't use use it until I have to but it's a great option.     

toast_burner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By toast_burner

I find it funny that people keep calling Crackdown 2 a glorified expansion when it has more improvements then most sequels from the same gen. 

• 4 player co-op
    • Zombies/mutants
    • Helicopters
    • New weapons
    • New mission types
    • New vehicles
    • Competitive MP
    • Lots of minor gameplay tweaks
    oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oobs

they didn't change as much as they should have..should have had a new city i think..what they did change was pretty much cosmetic..well freaks are there but wouldn't say it is a game changer.. 

they could have at least fixed the aiming..i hate it..its worse than the first crackdown
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By Yummylee

Zombies..and much more generic Agents...seriously that what was I liked about the first the most. So many different Agent skins, all of which would evolve uniquely as they gained their skills.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By DoctorTran

What IS the barge maneuver? I can't seem to use it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.