Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crimson Gem Saga

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 26, 2009

A Korean traditional turn-based RPG for the PSP. It is the sequel to Astonishia Story in Korea, being published by SK Telecom as Astonisha Story 2 there. The game is developed by IRONNOS.

For those who whine that there's nothing to play on the PSP...

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By PercyChuggs

Get this game, now. I have played it for only 30 minutes, and I can already safely say this game has more charisma and personality than most RPG's on the market right now. Support Atlus, and support good games in general, by purchasing this game.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

I don't know how many hours of this I've played now, because when you put the PSP in stand-by this thing freaking keeps counting time.

I am at the end of the second chapter though, which is proving a bit difficult, so I'm going to slog my way through Ziggurat (which is an awesome secondary dungeon). This game is definitely excellent. It doesn't really do much new, but it does most (god damnit give me a DUNGEON MAP) of what it sets out to accomplish incredibly well. I should note that this is also some of the best English voice work I've ever heard in a portable game, ever. Order it at like Newegg or something, because GameStop doesn't seem to like ordering copies of it for some reason.
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PercyChuggs
    @Jayge said:
    " I don't know how many hours of this I've played now, because when you put the PSP in stand-by this thing freaking keeps counting time.

I am at the end of the second chapter though, which is proving a bit difficult, so I'm going to slog my way through Ziggurat (which is an awesome secondary dungeon). This game is definitely excellent. It doesn't really do much new, but it does most (god damnit give me a DUNGEON MAP) of what it sets out to accomplish incredibly well. I should note that this is also some of the best English voice work I've ever heard in a portable game, ever. Order it at like Newegg or something, because GameStop doesn't seem to like ordering copies of it for some reason.
    "
    I ordered my copy from EBGames.com, and even with free shipping, got it in like 3 days. Was surprised to see the UPS slip on my door.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jayge_
    @PercyChuggs said:
    "
    @Jayge said:
    " I don't know how many hours of this I've played now, because when you put the PSP in stand-by this thing freaking keeps counting time.

"
    I ordered my copy from EBGames.com, and even with free shipping, got it in like 3 days. Was surprised to see the UPS slip on my door. "
    Word. The game is chapter based, by the way, so make sure you get every single possible thing done that you could do before you do the final "mission" for the chapter. You'll be able to tell when that comes.
    Erdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Erdie
    @PercyChuggs: Agreed.  This game is beyond excellent, I'm only a few hours in, but it's so well done.  Usually I don't pay much attention to graphics in games, but the drawn backgrounds and sprites in this game are absolutely amazing.  It's like playing on a painting, reminds me of PSOne games, and I love it.

Also really enjoying the dialog.  So light-hearted, it's really refreshing taking a break from all the epic, super serious stuff we get these days.  Although to be honest, there's quite a few games like that on the PSP, it's great.
    Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Brundage

Sony fails to understand the portable market. Gamers don't want to play triple A titles on the go, they want to play games like Mario and Castle Crashers. I last thing fucking thing I want to do is try and progress through a MGS game on a 15mintue bus ride. And I sure as hell not going to sit on the coach in my house and play a MGS game because then I could just play the 360 or PS3. The PSP only appeals to the super rich business man that like games and is on a plane 24/7. To bad thats like .01 percent of our demgraphic, if only Sony could figure this out :/

Just thought i'd get that off my mind lol

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oldschool

Who whines that the PSP has no games?  It has a very good catalogue of RPG, for which I have about 10 of them.  It is the PSP that is the problem, not the games (the PSP is just not user friendly imo).

I will keep this game in mind though.  I hadn't heard of it, but I will add it to my list of PSP RPG games to consider importing.
    Demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Demo

Is this game similar to Riviera?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
    @oldschool said:
    " Who whines that the PSP has no games?  It has a very good catalogue of RPG, for which I have about 10 of them.  It is the PSP that is the problem, not the games (the PSP is just not user friendly imo).

I will keep this game in mind though.  I hadn't heard of it, but I will add it to my list of PSP RPG games to consider importing.
    "
    Many (incorrectly) hold that the opposite is true. Your dislike for the device's design itself is rarely seen anywhere else.

@Demo said:
    " Is this game similar to Riviera? "
    No.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
    @Jayge said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    " Who whines that the PSP has no games?  It has a very good catalogue of RPG, for which I have about 10 of them.  It is the PSP that is the problem, not the games (the PSP is just not user friendly imo).

"
    Many (incorrectly) hold that the opposite is true. Your dislike for the device's design itself is rarely seen anywhere else.
    I don't that is completely true.  People complain about the analogue stick and the lack of 2 of them all the time.  Then there is the battery life.

Plenty of games though, just not as deep or varied as the DS.  Still a lot I wouldn't mind getting, but competition for my cash is red hot.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jayge_
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Jayge said:
    "
    @oldschool said:

"
    I don't that is completely true.  People complain about the analogue stick and the lack of 2 of them all the time.  Then there is the battery life.

Plenty of games though, just not as deep or varied as the DS.  Still a lot I wouldn't mind getting, but competition for my cash is red hot.
    "
    Right, but most don't dislike it to the point where they find games unplayable.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oldschool
    @Jayge said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Jayge said:
    "
    @oldschool said:

"

"
    "
    Unplayable?  I think you are stretching the truth about my words there Jayge.  At worst I will generally say that they just don't get me to stay with the game for more than a short burst and I don't go back.  I usually also add that I can't quite quantify why.  I just don't like the feel of the PSP.

An example I use is Disgaea.  The games are essentially the same on the DS as the PSP.  I have both, yet I don't care to play the PSP version after playing the DS one.  The DS just feels better and it brings me back.  That isn't to say the PSP version is bad - it is the same game.  That is that part about not quite understanding why I can't care for the PSP (other than the controls just feel better on the DS).
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayge_
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Jayge said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Jayge said:
    "
    @oldschool said:

"

"
    "
    Unplayable?  I think you are stretching the truth about my words there Jayge.  At worst I will generally say that they just don't get me to stay with the game for more than a short burst and I don't go back.  I usually also add that I can't quite quantify why.  I just don't like the feel of the PSP.

An example I use is Disgaea.  The games are essentially the same on the DS as the PSP.  I have both, yet I don't care to play the PSP version after playing the DS one.  The DS just feels better and it brings me back.  That isn't to say the PSP version is bad - it is the same game.  That is that part about not quite understanding why I can't care for the PSP (other than the controls just feel better on the DS).
    "
    Yeah. Did you not say that you found yourself unable to play Disgaea on the PSP or something? That would be "unplayable."
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oldschool
    @Jayge said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    "Unplayable?  I think you are stretching the truth about my words there Jayge.  At worst I will generally say that they just don't get me to stay with the game for more than a short burst and I don't go back.  I usually also add that I can't quite quantify why.  I just don't like the feel of the PSP.

"
    Yeah. Did you not say that you found yourself unable to play Disgaea on the PSP or something? That would be "unplayable."
    "
    No it wouldn't and you of all members should know that is putting words in my mouth.  I would hesitate to recommend PSP owners to get Disgaea.  If I thought is was "unplayable" I wouldn't do that.

Unplayable means something that is so bad that it can't be played.  Why are you playing word games Jayge?
    Erdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Erdie
    @Brundage said:
    "Gamers don't want to play triple A titles on the go,"
    Speak for yourself, dude.  I cancelled my satellite TV because I always just grab my PSP whenever I have 20 or so minutes to burn.  You can leave it on sleep seemingly forever, so it's nice to just flip it on, play a bit, then put it back to sleep.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jayge_
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Jayge said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    "Unplayable?  I think you are stretching the truth about my words there Jayge.  At worst I will generally say that they just don't get me to stay with the game for more than a short burst and I don't go back.  I usually also add that I can't quite quantify why.  I just don't like the feel of the PSP.

"
    "
    No it wouldn't and you of all members should know that is putting words in my mouth.  I would hesitate to recommend PSP owners to get Disgaea.  If I thought is was "unplayable" I wouldn't do that.

Unplayable means something that is so bad that it can't be played.  Why are you playing word games Jayge?
    "
    I'm not playing word games. Unplayable doesn't mean that it can't be played, it just needs to be perceived as so low in quality that nobody would want to play it. You seem to be repulsed by it for some reason, which apparently makes your 40+ game collection (or whatever size it is) unplayable for you (have you not said that you keep buying games looking for one that you will enjoy but none ever have given that to you?)
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oldschool
    @Jayge said:
    "
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Jayge said: 
    Yeah. Did you not say that you found yourself unable to play Disgaea on the PSP or something? That would be "unplayable." "

"
    I'm not playing word games. Unplayable doesn't mean that it can't be played, it just needs to be perceived as so low in quality that nobody would want to play it. You seem to be repulsed by it for some reason, which apparently makes your 40+ game collection (or whatever size it is) unplayable for you (have you not said that you keep buying games looking for one that you will enjoy but none ever have given that to you?)
    "
    You that bored that you want an argument over this?

The fact that I keep investing in games for the PSP despite the fact that I m yet to find a game that I have played for more than an hour means I haven't given up.  I am definitely getting Persona for the PSP.  I will likely get Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet and Dissidia as well.

My criticism of the PSP is purely at a personal level on how I interact with it.  Unplayable is your interpretation of the word and applied incorrectly to me.  I never said unplayable as I still only see that meaning it is so bad it can't be played.

Where will this lead us Jayge?
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jayge_
    @oldschool said:
    "You that bored that you want an argument over this?

The fact that I keep investing in games for the PSP despite the fact that I m yet to find a game that I have played for more than an hour means I haven't given up.  I am definitely getting Persona for the PSP.  I will likely get Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet and Dissidia as well.

My criticism of the PSP is purely at a personal level on how I interact with it.  Unplayable is your interpretation of the word and applied incorrectly to me.  I never said unplayable as I still only see that meaning it is so bad it can't be played.

Where will this lead us Jayge?
    "
    What, exactly, have you not given up on? Finding a game that you can play on the system?
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By oldschool
    @Jayge said:
    "@oldschool said: 
    "You that bored that you want an argument over this?

Where will this lead us Jayge?"
    What, exactly, have you not given up on? Finding a game that you can play on the system?
    "
    Both.  That I will suddenly get an urge to play what I have and finally 'get' it and getting a game that will keep me playing.  Why do you find this such an odd concept?  It is just how I feel about the PSP.  Not just me - my kids haven't touched it in over a year, despite there being game franchises they like.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jayge_
    @oldschool said:
    "Both.  That I will suddenly get an urge to play what I have and finally 'get' it and getting a game that will keep me playing.  Why do you find this such an odd concept?  It is just how I feel about the PSP.  Not just me - my kids haven't touched it in over a year, despite there being game franchises they like. "
    Well, you seem to think that "unplayable" is some dirty, god-forsaken term, but despite continuously attempting to let the system redeem itself, that seems to be an apt description of your relationship with the system. That's all I'm saying.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oldschool
    @Jayge said:
    "@oldschool said: 
    "Both.  That I will suddenly get an urge to play what I have and finally 'get' it and getting a game that will keep me playing.  Why do you find this such an odd concept?  It is just how I feel about the PSP.  Not just me - my kids haven't touched it in over a year, despite there being game franchises they like. "
    Well, you seem to think that "unplayable" is some dirty, god-forsaken term, but despite continuously attempting to let the system redeem itself, that seems to be an apt description of your relationship with the system. That's all I'm saying.
    "
    Fair enough.  I think we are done  :-)
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayge_
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @Jayge said:
    "@oldschool said: 
    "
    Fair enough.  I think we are done  :-)
    "
    Yep. Back to television.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.