Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cristiano Ronaldo

Character » appears in 60 games

A Portuguese professional soccer player who plays as a forward.

So Ronaldo is off to Madrid....

• 79 results
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Nasar7
    @kitsune_conundrum:
    " soccer/football players are insanely overpaid these days. Can't wait till the whole market implodes. "

I feel that way about most ALL pro sports players.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@kitsune_conundrum said:
    " soccer/football players are insanely overpaid these days. Can't wait till the whole market implodes. "
    what a dick comment
    Why would you wish that on any kind of market?
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By Jeust
    @p4ddym1607 said:
    "
    @kitsune_conundrum said:
    what a dick commentWhy would you wish that on any kind of market? "
    So there is more money elsewhere, where it is more needed... for me at least... 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jeust said:
    "
    @p4ddym1607 said:
    "
    @kitsune_conundrum said:
    So there is more money elsewhere, where it is more needed... for me at least...  "
    That is retarded. If sport economy collapsed it wouldnt make more money available elsewhere. It would make less money available in fact.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Jeust

@p4ddym1607: that is a good answer... but if it were true, the clubs wouldn't be in debt. The truth is that soccer is a market getting saturated, and more and more money is invested and less profit is being created. It's not for nothing that abramovich is trying to sell chelsea... 

Players are paid handsonly only to play twice a week atmost... so yeah i wish for the market to implode and then be turned into a amateur sport like it should be. And see issues elsewhere getting some more well needed money.

There are great problems in the world that could just disappear with all that cash.

But sorry for the reality check... :$

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jeust said:
    "

@p4ddym1607: that is a good answer... but if it were true, the clubs wouldn't be in debt. The truth is that soccer is a market getting saturated, and more and more money is invested and less profit is being created. It's not for nothing that abramovich is trying to sell chelsea... 

Players are paid handsonly only to play twice a week atmost... so yeah i wish for the market to implode and then be turned into a amateur sport like it should be. And see issues elsewhere getting some more well needed money.

There are great problems in the world that could just disappear with all that cash.

But sorry for the reality check... :$

"
    That is completely untrue.

Sport creates millions of jobs worldwide. So if you want to just take that away and think that will cure cancer, you are the one in need of a reality check.
    Players are paid handsomely only to play twice a week? That is ridiculous. Footballers train almost every day of the year and have to be at extremely high levels of fitness to stay at the top. Not to mention the amount of shirt sales certain players get. Ronaldo alone must have made United 20, 30 million on shirt sales.
    The top earners are paid lots of money so that it keeps them at the club. Being a footballer is not comparable to normal jobs. Same with basketballer etc. Its like a bidding war. "Which club can offer the best contract".

By your comments I have deduced that you not only no nothing about football but also nothing about how the worlds economy works. I am not saying that football wont collapse one day. I am just saying that that day would be a disaster for the economy. So be careful what you wish for.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By TwoOneFive

The only time i really ( i mean faithfully) watch soccer is during the Fifa World Cup, other than that, i watch whenever it is on. 

but now my interest in the sport has sky rocketed ever since the Philadelphia Union was announced. 
    they built a decent stadium and i cant wait to go to a game!!!

The Union is a great name, and they are using the same colors on the Philadelphia Flag and the team emblem/logo is so awesome:

anyone with any historical US knowledge would immediately recognize the snake and the 13 stars. 

Hopefully Philly gives this team the same kind of passion as the rest of the major sports in the city. i know it will take a lot of time before that happens, but when it does, don't be surprised if you see a bunch of Philly hooligans 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TwoOneFive said:
    " The only time i really ( i mean faithfully) watch soccer is during the Fifa World Cup, other than that, i watch whenever it is on. 
    but now my interest in the sport has sky rocketed ever since the Philadelphia Union was announced. 

The Union is a great name, and they are using the same colors on the Philadelphia Flag and the team emblem/logo is so awesome:

anyone with any historical US knowledge would immediately recognize the snake and the 13 stars. 

Hopefully Philly gives this team the same kind of passion as the rest of the major sports in the city. i know it will take a lot of time before that happens, but when it does, don't be surprised if you see a bunch of Philly hooligans 
    "
    I have no idea how footy works in America. I would hazard a guess that it is much much different from Europe.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jeust

@p4ddym1607:

I'm not saying that football or any other sport should end and take away all those jobs with it... i'm saying it should collapse and be reorganized.

If money weren't spent in football it would be spent elsewhere...

Unemployement should probably arise, but with it new solutions.

And it's true players train hard and with great dedication... and when they reach the games most of them show how they desearve it.

Missing great chances, suffering funny goals, with avid entusiasm... playing like shit. I think most of the players are like that. So don't tell me they desearve it.

For the amount of work they do they are not handsomly paid... they're royaly paid.

True some players sell an incredible number of shirts... but does that justify everything? or even does it pay their salary even by a month?

And i know the laws of the market... but they're wrong. Someone that recieves so much money, as a football player, so they can throw it away like they do, shows how bad the sport is.

Like this crysis has shown, the market is incapable of regulating itself.

And speaking truthfully i don't think will ever see many players like they existed fifteen years ago, with love for their club. Most players think of the clubs as a passage to a bigger one.

And clubs that were really great now have crappy players, because they can't afford better.

And that is because of missused money, greed and selfishness.

But if you think all is great... by all means... i won't try to convince you otherwise.

And i loved football, but not anymore.

Now it's just money, money, money. Almost zero love for the club and love for the sport. Totally money.

So i think it's wrong and should implode... like a lot of things... 

Caos breeds order... and order breeds caos.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @p4ddym1607 said:
    "
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " The only time i really ( i mean faithfully) watch soccer is during the Fifa World Cup, other than that, i watch whenever it is on. 

"
    I have no idea how footy works in America. I would hazard a guess that it is much much different from Europe. "
    nah, MLS is basically the same. Before all we had was a lame ass indoor team called the Kix
    But yeah MLS is basically the exact same thing. And the Philly Union is the 16th team in the league. 
    I can't wait!!
    The team logo (in latin) means Join or Die. How awesome is that? i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TwoOneFive said:
    "
    @p4ddym1607 said:
    "
    @TwoOneFive said:

"
    I have no idea how footy works in America. I would hazard a guess that it is much much different from Europe. "
    nah, MLS is basically the same. Before all we had was a lame ass indoor team called the Kix
    But yeah MLS is basically the exact same thing. And the Philly Union is the 16th team in the league. 
    I can't wait!!
    The team logo (in latin) means Join or Die. How awesome is that? i
    "
    MLS? Is there a lower division? Do the teams change each year?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jeust said:
    "

@p4ddym1607:

Missing great chances, suffering funny goals, with avid entusiasm... playing like shit. I think most of the players are like that. So don't tell me they desearve it.

Its not about deserving the money. Its about who is willing to pay the most to get these players. That is how it is. Highest bidder wins. If 76,000 people paid to watch you scrub toilets every week, then you would be earning a lot of money too.
    And footballers are only human. They miss chances and make mistakes. Everyone that plays sport at the highest level makes mistakes. Its impossible not too. Sport is unpredictable. Unlike say Chess. Where I would expect no errors from the best in the world.
    Look at Messi. The best player in the world. Missed an open net against Ecuador this week. Mistakes are part of the game. You have to move on and learn from them.

Again your comments about football lead me to believe that you really don't know much about it. So therefore I treat your opinion about how football should be as zero.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jeust
    @p4ddym1607 said:
    "
    @Jeust said:
    "

@p4ddym1607:

Its not about deserving the money. Its about who is willing to pay the most to get these players. That is how it is. Highest bidder wins. If 76,000 people paid to watch you scrub toilets every week, then you would be earning a lot of money too.
    And footballers are only human. They miss chances and make mistakes. Everyone that plays sport at the highest level makes mistakes. Its impossible not too. Sport is unpredictable. Unlike say Chess. Where I would expect no errors from the best in the world.
    Look at Messi. The best player in the world. Missed an open net against Ecuador this week. Mistakes are part of the game. You have to move on and learn from them.

Again your comments about football lead me to believe that you really don't know much about it. So therefore I treat your opinion about how football should be as zero. "

think what you like... but have you ever heard of the idea publicited by eufa and platinni for limiting salaries in football?

Players are humans? ohhh i forgot lol The thing is they are among the people that earn more in the world, and they simply neglect in great measure their own craft. I won't say that they have their bad moments, everyone has... the thing is that they're paid royaly to play, and there are things inexecusable. 

You speak of leonel messi, but have you ever considered the pandemonium that the life of a great football player must be?

That is because of the great importance and great value they have, and how their too much overpaid.

If they were less that wouldn't happen as often... you'd see.

And just trashing me with your remarks about what you think of me won't do any good. I'm not for debate, my ideas are.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jeust said:
    "
    @p4ddym1607 said:
    "
    @Jeust said:
    "

@p4ddym1607:

Again your comments about football lead me to believe that you really don't know much about it. So therefore I treat your opinion about how football should be as zero. "

think what you like... but have you ever heard of the idea publicited by eufa and platinni for limiting salaries in football?

Players are humans? ohhh i forgot lol The thing is they are among the people that earn more in the world, and they simply neglect in great measure their own craft. I won't say that they have their bad moments, everyone has... the thing is that they're paid royaly to play, and there are things inexecusable. 

You speak of leonel messi, but have you ever considered the pandemonium that the life of a great football player must be?

That is because of the great importance and great value they have, and how their too much overpaid.

And just trashing me with your remarks about what you think of me won't do any good. I'm not for debate, my ideas are.

"
    Disagree
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jeust
    @p4ddym1607 said:
    "
    @Jeust said:
    "
    @p4ddym1607 said:
    "
    @Jeust said:
    "

@p4ddym1607:

"
    Disagree "

i agree... :P

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#66  Edited By themoon13

You two stop ruining the thread. It is about Ronaldo. You can have your own internet debate via PM.

I'm a die hard Man UTD fan (and to those that say ManU and say that they are fans, you should know that calling the team manu is disrespectful but that's a history tale for another time) and I've come to terms with Ronaldo leaving. He's made some grand contributions but his character is weak and he is a dirty player. I'm sure Fergie and the management will spend the 80 wisely and craft a better team. Its not about individuals, its about a group of them working together.

skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67  Edited By skidd
    @ChickenPants: Whatever man, it wasnt supposed to be a political statement! You can call whatever you like, Ronny, Cris..whatever. Plus, Atkinson kinda disgraced himself with the whole ITV debacle.
    Also, I do think Valencia could cut it at United. He's quick and has the ability to beat defenders. His crossing consistancy is also top drawer, from what I've seen anyway. You think Ribery is worth the money - like, if Real werent spending in the way they are, would you think £60m would be a good deal?
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By asurastrike
    @skidd said:
    " Earlier today, Manchester United accepted a world record bid of £80 million for Big Ron...and Im pretty sure most people cant see him rejecting the chance to leave.He's always been one of those players you either hate or love, and Im sure there are a good few fans who are glad to see the back of him.So, what do you guys think  of the deal? Also, who are they going to bring in to replace him? "
    80 million pounds? That's like 160 million dollars lol
    Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ChickenPants
    @skidd said:
    " @ChickenPants: Whatever man, it wasnt supposed to be a political statement! You can call whatever you like, Ronny, Cris..whatever. Plus, Atkinson kinda disgraced himself with the whole ITV debacle.Also, I do think Valencia could cut it at United. He's quick and has the ability to beat defenders. His crossing consistancy is also top drawer, from what I've seen anyway. You think Ribery is worth the money - like, if Real werent spending in the way they are, would you think £60m would be a good deal? "
    Haha yeah I know.
    I think 25million would be the maximum I'd want to pay for Ribery, anything more just isn't worth it.I think everybody will be trying to burn United now since they know we've got so much cash.I hope we never become a club that spends more than 30million on our players.

skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By skidd
    @ChickenPants: Yeah, totally agree with you there. Spending really big hasnt always worked out - Rooney and Ferdinand were great buys, but Veron at 28m was a mistake. Even Berbatov, who is good, was probably a bit over-priced, and hasnt really been on fire.
    Also, you mentioned Benzema. Who would you rather buy - him or Tevez?
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#71  Edited By clubsandwich
    @skidd said:
    " @clubsandwich: Fair enough, I was impressed by him though - he's immesely talented, and likely to improve in the future. Who would you suggest? I probably should have added Wesley Sneijder to that list - though Madrid are unlikely to sell...Also, I dont think Fergie will go directly to South America for players. He got stung when he bought Forlan, and now he seems to prefer to wait and see how they adapt in the European game (like with Anderson). However, he signs youth players from there with no hesitation - da Silva twins, Possebon - so these guys you mentioned may be an option. Any idea of how much they'd cost or if they'd be ready for the Prem? "
    they are totally ready for the premier league, the 3 huracan midfielders are totally destroying argentina's league, they are fantastic players, an aproximate cost for each one may be rounding the 10 - 15 million dollars, but they are worth it, I see a lot of future in those guys, they're really young.
    AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#72  Edited By AutomaticSnake

Kaka... Ronaldo.... next is David Villa!!!

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ApocalypseLater said:
    "
    @kitsune_conundrum said:
    That's not his salary. That's how much they paid his current team to have him. "
    Yes but isn't his pay like 130 thousand pounds per week or something around there? Think of how much he makes just by sleeping.

@p4ddym1607 said:
    "
    @kitsune_conundrum said:

Its better for the bubble to burst and then reform itself rather than having itself continuously grow. Look at what happened to the global economy and Japan. Take off your rainbow glasses Fry.
    skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By skidd
    @clubsandwich: Ahhh yeah, I thought I'd heard of Pastore before. Turns out United tried signing him before, in the January window for over £8 million. Seems like a lot of people are impressed with him. Also, according to the Guardian, he wouldnt cost anything, as his contract is expiring, so on a free transfer it wouldnt be a bad bit of business!
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By clubsandwich
    @skidd said:
    " @clubsandwich: Ahhh yeah, I thought I'd heard of Pastore before. Turns out United tried signing him before, in the January window for over £8 million. Seems like a lot of people are impressed with him. Also, according to the Guardian, he wouldnt cost anything, as his contract is expiring, so on a free transfer it wouldnt be a bad bit of business! "
    I think he would be a great option, he's an exellent player, I see a lot of potential in  pastore, he could become a new man u legend, I hope sir alex signs him.
    Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ChickenPants
    @skidd: Aw man that's a tough one.I really haven't seen enough of Benzema to judge, but what I have seen of him made me think that he was kind of like Rooney in his power and speed.So yeah, two Rooneys would be great.

I do love Tevez though, he just has to accept the rotation system.He has been treated a little unfairly though especially considering some of Berbatov's abject performances.

Anybody remember during the Aston Villa match Tevez tried to slide tackle a guy with his head.Good times.

skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By skidd

Just thought I would share this article I found...Link

Turns out, If Ronaldo completes his move, his first game will be right here in Ireland! Real are gonna be playing a friendly against Shamrock Rovers in Dublin, some time in July...which sounds crazy, cus the stadium only holds 3,500 people. Hopefully theyll move the match to Croke Park, so everyone can go, but im not holding my breath...and its really annoying for me, cus it looks like Im going to out of the country when its being played! Aghhh....

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#78  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I think that was the right thing to do,Ronaldo had to work for a better club.

skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By skidd
    @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    "  I think that was the right thing to do,Ronaldo had to work for a better club. "
    Nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.