Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

CrossfireX

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 10, 2022

Korea's popular FPS is coming to Xbox One with a story mode by Remedy.

One more for the week - CrossfireX ending it's services in May

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Unlike Knockout City and Rumbleverse, I don't think I ever heard anyone I know talk about playing CrossfireX, but hey, it's still a game that existed and even somehow had a campaign made by Remedy. I guess it's technically at least making it past the one year anniversary before the plug gets pulled.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one I actually considered buying for the single player campaign. It was apparently quite mediocre but it's by Remedy so I wanted to at least check it out. Apparently you can still play Catalyst through Game Pass so I guess I will even though it's apparently quite bad. I'm just curious. I guess there's now no way to play the second part of the campaign. That sucks.

It's so insane to me that single player stuff is more and more being tied to the online. I guess developers (or at least the company bosses) legitimately just do not care if their campaigns become totally unplayable. But they still want us to "buy" games that may become unplayable in a year or two.

I know people shit on digital purchases generally but this goes for either digital or disc versions. And say what you will about digital purchases, I got my Xbox 360 in 2008 and 15 years later I can still download my random XBLA purchases. With a lot of these games you get less than 2 years out of them. I am already at the point where I am very nervous about buying any game with an always online component. I mean I'm sure Call of Duty will stay up for a long time, and the original Destiny and The Division have stuck around for quite awhile, but anything that's not a massive worldbeating hit runs the risk of going away quite quickly.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

If this trend starts to hit games like Back4Blood then we will be seeing something interesting developing. Especially, if Redfall really takes off.

screwball69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@av_gamer:

They are already ending development for Back4Blood

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. I knew of Crossfire because I lived in Korea for 3 years, but I definitely didn't know there was a game sort of in the series released on consoles and by REMEDY of all devs?? Wild stuff.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@screwball69: Every game ends development after awhile. That doesn't mean the servers are coming down. Though they did pretty quickly for Evolve.

@sethmode Remedy just did the single player campaign. The shocking thing is that it was BAD, which is weird considering how consistently good Remedy has been.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SethMode

@bigsocrates: Ah, I see that now (missed the campaign part). And, yes, if you had told me that before it would have definitely piqued my interest just given how consistent Remedy is.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I, for some reason decided to put the time in to get all the achievements in this game. The multiplayer in this game almost seemed like it could have been basic fun, but boy was it janky and not very well made.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would the single player campaigns be removed? Whatever.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame: A lot of these games require you to hit a login server or even be on their server constantly just to play single player. The latest Call of Duty does this I believe. It's terrible for a HOST of reasons (Oh shit my Internet's down so I can't play COD multiplayer, guess I'll check out the singleplayer campaign...whoops, guess I won't) but they love to do it. Eventually that disc will be a bad paperweight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.