Amazon Game's Crucible cancelled.

resist2exist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The concept of this game had potential. shame it was too slow to garner my attention past a couple match.

FINAL CRUCIBLE DEVELOPER UPDATE

October 9, 2020

Essence hunters,

In July we moved Crucible into closed beta. We made a list of features we felt would enhance the player experience, which we shared publicly on our roadmap, and with the exception of custom games (which we expect to ship in the coming days), we completed them all. With those features shipped, our next step was to evaluate the feedback we’ve heard from you, paired with the data we’ve collected, to determine our path forward.

That evaluation led us to a difficult decision: we’ll be discontinuing development on Crucible. We very much appreciate the way that our fans have rallied around our efforts, and we’ve loved seeing your responses to the changes we’ve made over the last few months, but ultimately we didn’t see a healthy, sustainable future ahead of Crucible. We’ll be transitioning our team to focus on New World and other upcoming projects from Amazon Games.

We’re offering a full refund for any purchases made. You can find more information on our support page. We will also be disabling credit purchases within Crucible.

In the next few weeks we’ll be hosting a final playtest and community celebration, both in-game and in our official Discord. After that point we’ll be disabling matchmaking, although you’ll still be able to play Crucible through the custom games feature. Stay tuned for more information on that event. Servers will stay up for custom games until noon PST on Monday, November 9, 2020.

Thank you, as always, for being part of our community. This has been a labor of love, and we’re grateful for the time we got to spend on planet Crucible with you.

Signing off once more, -the Crucible team

https://www.playcrucible.com/en-us/news/articles/final-crucible-developer-update

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Panfoot  Online

So this thing was what, out for about a month before going BACK into beta and now cancelled less then half a year later? Wild.

resist2exist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot said:

So this thing was what, out for about a month before going BACK into beta and now cancelled less then half a year later? Wild.

Very wild. I dont think the genre of moba shooter will ever be successful.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 15

Turns out making good games is pretty hard.

noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: a fact Google and Amazon are just finding out. I know Microsoft considers them stronger long term competition but so far it seems that they have a lot to learn.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 15

@noobsauce: in the specific case of Crucible I think their problem was that they were trying to make a “successful” game rather than a good one. It seems like the whole thing was based around a business model and not a solid creative idea with any amount of passion behind it. That Ubisoft shooter whose name I already forgot seemed to have been made with the same mindset and is similarly struggling to capture an audience.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ToughShed

This whole thing reminds me of an even dumber verson of how EA forced everyone to use Frostbyte. Same stupid completely tech first thinking with no vision.

Amazon can't just throw money behind something and win the games market with zero vision or actual care for the field so they are stumped lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.