Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crusader Kings II

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 18, 2012

The sequel to Paradox Interactive's Crusader Kings is a grand strategy game that focuses mostly on the dynasties of medieval Europe. Games begin as early as 769 and can span until 1453. Expansions have expanded the game's scope to include the Middle East, India and the Eurasian Steppe.

Crusader Kings II Needs Some QL Love

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Jayzilla

I have heard nothing but good things about this game. I would really like one of the Top Men to sink some time into this thing and get it on video. Thanks.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

I agree wholeheartedly as someone who has spent 25 hours in the game (thinking of doing my first review for it) Dave did mention maybe on twitter though?

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By daiphyer

Someone PM Dave.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By snide

It's on schedule for next week. I'm dipping my toes in this weekend.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

Can't wait to see this...even the descriptions of this game by people on the forums have bored me, but I think it's because I just don't understand what the hell Crusader Kings is. 

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp

@snide said:

Make me throw money at Steam again Dave.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Animasta

woo wooooooo. I had to stop my game for now because they fucked with matrilinial marriages too much and the matriarchy of Navarre does not like that D:

Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Jumanji

@snide said:

hell yeah dog. If you have any questions at all please hit us up... I'm excited to see what you guys make of the game one way or the other.

Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jumanji

@Animasta said:

woo wooooooo. I had to stop my game for now because they fucked with matrilinial marriages too much and the matriarchy of Navarre does not like that D:

I'm not clear on the extent of the changes. Are you just straight up getting rejected 24/7 now? Or is it only harder to matrilineally marry title claimants? Props on the matriarchy, that was one of my back-burner ideas for a playthrough.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Animasta

@Jumanji said:

@Animasta said:

I'm not clear on the extent of the changes. Are you just straight up getting rejected 24/7 now? Or is it only harder to matrilineally marry title claimants? Props on the matriarchy, that was one of my back-burner ideas for a playthrough.

I actually have no idea, didn't play a straight game of 1.03b (I went straight to mods) but i heard they were way harder to get (also I ended it because I got into a super annoying civil war with about half my vassals because they wanted my kingdom titles) but yeah I was pretty bad ass for a while there

No Caption Provided
    Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jumanji
    @Animasta
    I hadn't played any Basque cultures, so I didn't know about their Absolute Cognatic option... Spain actually switched back to absolute cognatic primogeniture in 2006!
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Animasta

@Jumanji said:

@Animasta: I hadn't played any Basque cultures, so I didn't know about their Absolute Cognatic option... Spain actually switched back to absolute cognatic primogeniture in 2006!

the cool cats mod out the requirement for basque culture

Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jumanji
    @Animasta: I'm not cool :(
    I have been pretty absorbed with the core game. My only complaint is the AI's indifference to throwing away tiny armies against mega stacks. Do the mods just give you more flexibility e.g. girl heirs on demand?
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By mike

I had my friend log in to her Steam account and load this up...there's no way I can play this with my current setup even if I wanted to. I have my PC hooked up to the 55" LCD in my living room, the text is too small and even from about 8-9 feet away. Dropping the resolution down to 1280x720 or so helps a little, but I still have to struggle to read the massive amount of data on the screen at any given time.

Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jumanji
    @MB: Just scooch!
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The game looks like a modern day Defender of the Crown to me. Which is incredibly appealing. I loved DotC back in the day. But £30 is a lot of money to me, so I don't know whether I want to buy it or not. And for some reason the demo doesn't want to download. I have no problem downloading any other files, but for some reason when I try to download that file my browser freezes. It doesn't matter what browser I use, it freezes. I don't know why. It's weird.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By falling_fast

I have the steam page open and the somethingawful thread open to look through. all I need is the quick look to finally tip me one way or the other.

*torment of indecision*

chrismcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chrismcc

If you like grand strategy games prepare to quit your job and stock up on piss bottles. Its easy to sink a ton of hours into this.

Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jumanji
    @chrismcc said:

If you like grand strategy games prepare to quit your job and stock up on piss bottles. Its easy to sink a ton of hours into this.

I don't even know what it is! Someone else called it nerd cocaine and it's so true... I had a few all-nighters with this one, stepping away from the computer at 8 AM and shakily walking off to bed for a couple of hours of sleep. 

I managed to break the spell by reading too much about the game mechanics. I'll be back when someone mods in a rough fascimile of the following nerfs:

a) nerfs excommunications so that they're more context sensitive and less spammable. Like, you should really be in the shits with the pope for an excommunication... and he should at least blackmail you before he pulls the trigger.

b) nerfs antipopes so they're only available to heretic rulers (which would give you an actual incentive to embrace heresy).

c) nerfs assassination such that the either the success percentage is inverse to the number of assassination attempts made on the same target in a given timeframe (10 years let's say), or the cost scales prohibitively within 2-3 successive attempts

I'd also like to see some more plots at the King level and more plots for my female courtiers... as it stands they seem indiscriminately bloodthirsty. In fact, more plots all around! You should be able to start "seduction" plots if your husband/wife is chaste/infertile/infirm...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.