Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crusader Kings II

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 18, 2012

The sequel to Paradox Interactive's Crusader Kings is a grand strategy game that focuses mostly on the dynasties of medieval Europe. Games begin as early as 769 and can span until 1453. Expansions have expanded the game's scope to include the Middle East, India and the Eurasian Steppe.

Help me! Deus vult!

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

I have no idea what I am doing. Is there a YT video or some guide to help me start playing this? Help please! There is obviously lots of stuff, but were to start?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

Do all the in-game tutorials, they'll give you the basics. Look at the CK2 wiki as well, they have the guides you want.

I did my first playthrough with Norway, and because I was so new to the game I ended up losing possession of Norway 100 years in and instead ended up in control of Sweden with no clear means to get back the empire I had built. Succession can be really confusing so expect to make some mistakes wherever you start. Also, when your ruler dies, you can expect everything to go to hell if you haven't planned ahead.

To start out, Ireland is a great way to get into the game. Pick a county in Ireland and gradually invade and usurp the rest of the island until you can form the Kingdom of Ireland.. I've played through a game as an Irish Noble and found that I had a far easier time than with Norway. The succession is clearer, the landmass is smaller and there's plenty of room to grow. For 20 years or so Ireland was even in command of the Kingdom of Jerusalem! I highly recommend it for a playthrough.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Ireland is called Tutorial Island for a reason start there. Use cheats your first game and just have fun learning the system, kill and usurp to your hearts content. Here are some cheats:
    hit the ~ to bring up the console

enter prestige, piety, or cash for 5000 of that thing.

Remember the best part of CK2 is that it is ever changing, going from a king to a count due to court intrigue is part of the game not a loss. There is also a fantastic and active forum community over on reddit at r/crusaderkings. Feel free to ask me any questions you have here or there, it's one of my favorite games available.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.