Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cryostasis

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 15, 2009

Arctic-themed Cryostasis has players explore a relatively faithfully constructed Soviet-era nuclear ice-breaker. Game mechanics include using heat and exhaustion to represent player stamina, using heat sources to regain this stamina, and the use of a flashback ability to alter the past.

Cryostasis now 3.99. Just play it already!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason has a long history of being on sale. In fact, this current GOG sale isn't even the lowest it's been. Once, it was even free. Funny enough it's part of the "Russian" sale, though it isn't quite Russian (the publisher is), but whatever, I guess it's about a Russian.

Anyways, if you haven't played it yet and you've always been curious, now is another great time to try it out with relatively little risk. Dave, as you probably know, loved the shit out of this game. Some of our reader reviews aren't quite so nice, but all in all I think this game's reputation has seen a nice up-swing (maybe all them sales had something to do with it). It could be real janky on your PC, but again, 4 bucks. Here's the classic Dave-Ryan-Vinny Quick Look.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By VierasTalo

I've had this on Steam for ages, but the last time I installed it the FPS averaged at like 10 or something. Always seemed like a good game though, too bad I never got it to run decently.

Also, that sale has Silent Storm in it for four dollars. Four dollars. If you got a taste for XCOM this year, that's basically it but better. Try it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

I loved it.

I never beat it though because at some point noclip got activated and the only solution was to start over. I want to play it over but ughhhhhhhhh

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas

Yep loved it. 2010?...GOTY! I still hope Patrick plays it for Spookin.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai

I tired playing it but the game never clicked with me. Seems cool from what I played.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.