Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Crysis 2 is back on Steam!

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dragon_Fire

Something I guess happened between EA and Valve, but it is back on Steam!

Even thought it is 40.00$ for the 'Crysis 2: Maximum Edition' which is still a bit of cash.

Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/108800/

My question is will this warrant any people who didn't get the game because it was taken off of Steam to buy it or no?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Hurray?

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sogeman

Since it's originally been pulled because they didn't want to sell the DLC via Steam and this is the full version with DLC included, there's no problem now.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By intro

I'm fucking pissed because I just went to the bank, put money in my checking and came home to buy it for 19.99 on Origin. Then I see Crysis 2 isn't even available on Origin anymore, unless you get the Maximum edition.

It's also not on Amazon for download either, it was just today for $25...No wonder people pirate, I just want the damn normal game lol. Guess I'll spend the $40 for everything on Steam now.

Quote from Steam in case anyone cares-

Already own Crysis 2 on Steam?

As an existing Crysis 2 customer you can upgrade to the Maximum Edition for 50% off the purchase price!

Offer ends June 12 at 10am Pacific Time

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Rhaknar

was going to post thing... hopefully a sign that EA and Valve are on their way to becoming best friends again or something... just give me my games on Steam EA fs :/

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By ToxicFruit

well that's... random

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

Hopefully this paves the way for other recent EA releases coming to Steam.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dragon_Fire

@Sogeman said:

Since it's originally been pulled because they didn't want to sell the DLC via Steam and this is the full version with DLC included, there's no problem now.

Oh yea, wow I didn't even realize that at all. Shitty they just couldn't work things out.

@Intro said:

I'm fucking pissed because I just went to the bank, put money in my checking and came home to buy it for 19.99 on Origin. Then I see Crysis 2 isn't even available on Origin anymore, unless you get the Maximum edition.

It's also not on Amazon for download either, it was just today for $25...No wonder people pirate, I just want the damn normal game lol. Guess I'll spend the $40 for everything on Steam now.

Quote from Steam in case anyone cares-

Already own Crysis 2 on Steam?

As an existing Crysis 2 customer you can upgrade to the Maximum Edition for 50% off the purchase price!

Offer ends June 12 at 10am Pacific Time

That's a bummer. Well at least you can get everything even if you only wanted the base game.

That Deal is nice for people who bough the game a year ago and got bloody screwed.

@Rhaknar said:

was going to post thing... hopefully a sign that EA and Valve are on their way to becoming best friends again or something... just give me my games on Steam EA fs :/

Yes I posted this just to inform people about it being back on Steam. I hope also but as Sogeman pointed it is probably just because it's a glorified GOTY Edition.

Watch next year EA will release Battlefield 3 on Steam in a deal with all the DLC included. If they do I will be very pissed.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By intro

@Dragon_Fire said:

That's a bummer. Well at least you can get everything even if you only wanted the base game.

That Deal is nice for people who bough the game a year ago and got bloody screwed.

Yeah, I always feel bad for people that end up getting screwed on DLC/deals and such. I'm about done downloading it from Steam, excited to play it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BisonHero

@Dragon_Fire said:

@Sogeman said:

Oh yea, wow I didn't even realize that at all. Shitty they just couldn't work things out.

Yeah, that's a weird way of doing it. So can we expect a Mass Effect 3 Game of the Year Edition on Steam, once all of the DLC is released for the game? Battlefield 3 GOTY?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Too bad it's an abomination

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Rohok

No STEAM no sale-- Oh wait. Sweet news, this bodes well for us STEAM fanboys. Origin can lick my poop.

Seriously though, I know my wait and patience is going to pay off. I haven't bought ME3 for PC, Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, or any EA game that wasn't released on STEAM. Looks like all that self control will pay off soon.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Sogeman said:

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By 71Ranchero

If I wanted it bad enough I would have bought it on Origin. I play games, not distribution services.

NicksCorner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NicksCorner

I bought my copy in retail store to avoid Origin. Im glad that EA seem to allow Steam sales once again. I do prefer to buy my games digitally, but I want them in one place.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dragon_Fire

@Intro said:

@Dragon_Fire said:

Yeah, I always feel bad for people that end up getting screwed on DLC/deals and such. I'm about done downloading it from Steam, excited to play it.

Yes I do also, And I hope u enjoy it.

@AhmadMetallic said:

I've heard that isn't not that great, is this a comparison to the first Crysis?

@Rohok said:

No STEAM no sale-- Oh wait. Sweet news, this bodes well for us STEAM fanboys. Origin can lick my poop.

Seriously though, I know my wait and patience is going to pay off. I haven't bought ME3 for PC, Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, or any EA game that wasn't released on STEAM. Looks like all that self control will pay off soon.

Yes it is great new!

Well you might have made the right choice, but you might have to wait a lot longer for a GOTY Edition of Battlefield 3 to come out.

@Atramentous said:

If I wanted it bad enough I would have bought it on Origin. I play games, not distribution services.

I can understand that but, Comparing the 2 Steam is more feature complete then Origin.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@BisonHero said:

@Dragon_Fire said:

@Sogeman said:

Yeah, that's a weird way of doing it. So can we expect a Mass Effect 3 Game of the Year Edition on Steam, once all of the DLC is released for the game? Battlefield 3 GOTY?

Oh yes please!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

@AhmadMetallic said:

Close to it, more so on console than PC though. I think Crysis 2 on PC could have been a whole lot better if it just had better voice acting, prone (as minor as that sounds), and the A.I. that was promised, but instead we got one of the dumbest.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Dagbiker

@Rhaknar said:

The thing is, The Sims was never taken off of steam, and all of the expansions have been released on steam.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dragon_Fire

@JeanLuc said:

@BisonHero said:

@Dragon_Fire said:

@Sogeman said:

Oh yes please!

I would love for it to be released on Steam, but the question is how long are you willing to wait?

@NTM said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Close to it, more so on console than PC though. I think Crysis 2 on PC could have been a whole lot better if it just had better voice acting, prone (as minor as that sounds), and the A.I. that was promised, but instead we got one of the dumbest.

Why was it so bad on consoles? (Other then the limitation of the hardware, and graphics)

Really was the voice acting really that bad? And prone?? (Can you please explain)

Well Crysis 1 didn't have great A.I. either, and how dumb is dumb?

@Dagbiker said:

@Rhaknar said:

The thing is, The Sims was never taken off of steam, and all of the expansions have been released on steam.

It might have been something to do with Maxis?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Dragon_Fire said:

@NTM said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Really was the voice acting really that bad? And prone?? (Can you please explain)

Personally I don't really care about voice acting. The reason I truly, and I mean truly hate this game, is how they literally turned it from an open world FPS with exploration and the "I come, I see, I conquer" motto that Crytek themselves used to describe the game, to "I run forward to the next gang of aliens, I count them, I kill them." 
    That combined with the Modern Warfare 2 style of taking the camera control away from you every now and then, filling the experience with scripted events, having your character walk only or not be able to shoot when there's a "story" bit, all just came together to restrict the experience whereas Crysis was about complete freedom, power in the player's hand. 

The problem with the AI was that they spotted you out of nowhere if you uncloaked yourself. The game forces you to go through its entirety in cloak, rather than LETTING you use the cloak whenever you please (I used to create wonderfully unique scenarios in Crysis where I'd mix stealth actions with run-and-gun moments, it was so beautiful and satisfying). 
    And they were also much dumber and less lively than the AI in the first game, which turned from calm, to alert (scouting the area), or aggressive (or even scared sometimes). In Crysis 2 it was either calm, or LETS FUCK THAT ENEMY AND RUN INTO EACH OTHER LIKE DUMMIES. 

Seriously, comparing Crysis to Crysis 2 just breaks my heart man.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NTM

@Dragon_Fire: No, I love consoles, so if they had done it great on consoles I wouldn't complain. I'm just wondering, are you asking me in the way of actually being curious, or are you assuming I hate on it for unwarranted complaints? The graphics aren't terrible on the console version, but there are some nasty bugs in it that make the experience a lot worse than it has to be. I guess voice acting is more of an opinion thing, but I truly did not like the majority of voice acting in the game.

I only thought Tara and Prophet did a fine job. I don't really have the words to explain everything about every character that I disliked when it comes to voice acting, but I just think it was pretty bad; Hargreave's voice, Gould's voice, Chino's voice, Lockhart's voice, and a few less important characters were simply badly voiced. I wish I could explain further, but I can't. I would think that if you didn't mind it though, you may have low standards. I mean, every time I hear them say something, and especially certain lines, I just think "HOLY FUCK! No. That's bad."

I agree, the original Crysis doesn't have great, or hardly good A.I. and while I'd say they do some similar stuff seen in two, it's much more forgivable in the first. Maybe the Cell operative A.I. (which I am mostly referring to the human A.I.), don't just stand there like idiots (all the time), but the way they act is really bad. Some of them will walk into walls and pay no attention to you, some will run in circles around another (which I have seen in the first as well), and some even sometimes trip over little things and kill themselves.

I think if you're asking me this question as if my complaints aren't true, then I don't know what to say, 'cause it is. Also, I have nothing against consoles; I'm not strictly a PC gamer; I can't even play PC games now since I don't have a powerful PC to do so. I've always been a console gamer while if I could; at times play PC games too. I have no bias when it comes to gaming. Are those good enough answers? If not, let me elaborate more if I need to. I wasn't comparing the first to the second, but if I had to, the only thing I would say that the first and first share in problems are bugs and A.I. I love the first though for the most part. I just think Crysis 2 was a huge disappointment for me.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dragon_Fire

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Dragon_Fire said:

@NTM said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Personally I don't really care about voice acting. The reason I truly, and I mean truly hate this game, is how they literally turned it from an open world FPS with exploration and the "I come, I see, I conquer" motto that Crytek themselves used to describe the game, to "I run forward to the next gang of aliens, I count them, I kill them." That combined with the Modern Warfare 2 style of taking the camera control away from you every now and then, filling the experience with scripted events, having your character walk only or not be able to shoot when there's a "story" bit, all just came together to restrict the experience whereas Crysis was about complete freedom, power in the player's hand. The problem with the AI was that they spotted you out of nowhere if you uncloaked yourself. The game forces you to go through its entirety in cloak, rather than LETTING you use the cloak whenever you please (I used to create wonderfully unique scenarios in Crysis where I'd mix stealth actions with run-and-gun moments, it was so beautiful and satisfying). And they were also much dumber and less lively than the AI in the first game, which turned from calm, to alert (scouting the area), or aggressive (or even scared sometimes). In Crysis 2 it was either calm, or LETS FUCK THAT ENEMY AND RUN INTO EACH OTHER LIKE DUMMIES. Seriously, comparing Crysis to Crysis 2 just breaks my heart man.

I can’t honestly believe that Crytek would do that to the Crysis series. I always loved the open world aspect of it and the immersion of the cut-scenes that happened.

Yes I used to love going stealth then waiting for the right time and running and gunning on Crysis 1, it felt amazing and so, so satisfying. So they might as well go back and get the AI from the first game if they are that bad at making it, re-making it.

Seems like they are killing the series.@NTM said:

@Dragon_Fire: No, I love consoles, so if they had done it great on consoles I wouldn't complain. I'm just wondering, are you asking me in the way of actually being curious, or are you assuming I hate on it for unwarranted complaints? The graphics aren't terrible on the console version, but there are some nasty bugs in it that make the experience a lot worse than it has to be. I guess voice acting is more of an opinion thing, but I truly did not like the majority of voice acting in the game.

I only thought Tara and Prophet did a fine job. I don't really have the words to explain everything about every character that I disliked when it comes to voice acting, but I just think it was pretty bad; Hargreave's voice, Gould's voice, Chino's voice, Lockhart's voice, and a few less important characters were simply badly voiced. I wish I could explain further, but I can't. I would think that if you didn't mind it though, you may have low standards. I mean, every time I hear them say something, and especially certain lines, I just think "HOLY FUCK! No. That's bad."

I agree, the original Crysis doesn't have great, or hardly good A.I. and while I'd say they do some similar stuff seen in two, it's much more forgivable in the first. Maybe the Cell operative A.I. (which I am mostly referring to the human A.I.), don't just stand there like idiots (all the time), but the way they act is really bad. Some of them will walk into walls and pay no attention to you, some will run in circles around another (which I have seen in the first as well), and some even sometimes trip over little things and kill themselves.

I think if you're asking me this question as if my complaints aren't true, then I don't know what to say, 'cause it is. Also, I have nothing against consoles; I'm not strictly a PC gamer; I can't even play PC games now since I don't have a powerful PC to do so. I've always been a console gamer while if I could; at times play PC games too. I have no bias when it comes to gaming. Are those good enough answers? If not, let me elaborate more if I need to. I wasn't comparing the first to the second, but if I had to, the only thing I would say that the first and first share in problems are bugs and A.I. I love the first though for the most part. I just think Crysis 2 was a huge disappointment for me.

I’m asking in a way of being curious. I honestly haven’t played the game at all so I really can’t give an opinion about the voice acting.

Seems less like A.I. problems and more like path-finding issues, and can the NPC’s Side-Step?

No these are good answers.

You both have told me that this game won't meet my expectations let alone pass them.

Have patches made the A.I. better?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NTM

@Dragon_Fire: There was a hefty patch last year, one on PC, and one on consoles. On the consoles, I can't tell at all what good it did. It may have fixed some stuff for the multiplayer, but I wouldn't know 'cause I don't really play MP, as for the campaign stuff, it said it was going to fix A.I. problems and some other stuff, but it really hasn't. I tried playing a bit yesterday on 360, and I got bored of it again very quickly, but I think that's also due to the fact that the game isn't very challenging no matter what. No game has been entirely perfect, but if this game had been updated so we don't have nasty bugs in it, it would have enhanced the experience a lot I believe.

I mean, bad A.I. and bad voice acting aside, the console versions, though they do have different bugs, are hindered with a load of them; sound and graphics alike. It's really too bad. If these few major problems were fixed and improved, I probably would have loved the game a lot. Also, when it comes to A.I. the thing is, Crytek had announced that Crysis 2 will feature the smartest A.I. a shooter (or video game in general) will ever see, but something in the process went horribly wrong. They're not complete idiots, they'll look around and stuff, but it's just certain things that they can do that make them seem like some of the worst. I was really hoping that the sequel to one of my favorite shooters ever made, had at least brought an A.I. as smart as what we've seen in 2005's F.E.A.R.

I would cautiously recommend the game, 'cause I think there are people out there that do really enjoy it or would if they played it, and you may be one of them. I do think there's quality to it. I'm just one of the people that didn't find it all that entertaining, and I was just really disappointed in it. If you do end up playing it, and have a PC powerful to enjoy it, go with that. Then the only thing (if you're like me), that will bother you more than anything else, is the voice acting and pretty dumb A.I. I don't have a powerful PC to play it anymore, but last year when I did, I didn't notice any bugs, or none were major that was detrimental to the experience. Oh, and trust me, it's not path-finding problems, no matter what game you stick them in, the A.I. aren't good.

I still like Crytek, and I still like the Crysis series, but I am very cautious about the upcoming Crysis since I was disappointed in two, and it seems to be announced very early, or far earlier than I was expecting. Anyways, sorry for the long reply, I guess I could have just said, am was and still am very disappointed in two, I don't think it's worthless, but I don't approve of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.