Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Crysis 2 TV

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JP_Russell

Found this video posted on the InCrysis forums.  Apparently Crytek contracted a film crew to come through and take a tour of the Crytek offices in Frankfurt, Germany.  The video's not brand new (about a  month old), but I haven't seen much exposure of it anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkriBdz15ao

A couple neat looks into how the game is designed there.  I especially like the stilts they built in order to do motion capture for the grunt class aliens.  It had to have taken some ingenuity to design and build them.  Kind of wish I had a pair.  :P

There's also some bits of music from what I assume is the Crysis 2 soundtrack in there which sounds beautiful.  Crytek has been getting better at making their music more evocative with each release.  Crysis's music was more evocative than Far Cry's, Warhead's was more evocative than Crysis's, and this music with the fiddle just trumps it all for me.  There's a lot of romance and intrigue to it, which seems fitting what with Crysis 2 going for a more meaningful plot. 

Also, as you can see, this is the first episode of C2TV.  There was supposed to be another one within the next month, but there's been no sign of it so far.  Hopefully they haven't scrapped it.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Interesting, now we get to see the pc version, however the texture work....could use some work. It's not what i'm used to, I was used to photorealism.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JP_Russell
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

Interesting, now we get to see the pc version, however the texture work....could use some work. It's not what i'm used to, I was used to photorealism.

"

I don't think any of that was PC footage.  All the gameplay was just the livedemo stuff they were showing off at E3, which was all on 360 devkits, and it's obviously being played with a gamepad, of course.  Unless you mean the part where it shows deferred lighting on a PC, which is just a clip from that tech video they put out a long time ago, so it's old footage. 

The only meaningful footage that has been confirmed by Crytek to be rendered on a PC is the 3D announcement trailer, in which there is no actual gameplay, but it should give a general idea of what it will look like on the PC. 

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-crysis-2/101367?type=flv    
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NTM

Wow, thanks. I'm going to watch it now. I'm glad your thread caught my eye. 

Edit: 

So, that's cool. I wonder if Nomad will still be voiced by the same person. And yeah, hopefully the music will be awesome. I don't doubt it will be.
    lizcav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By lizcav

I liked the music in that video more than the actual content.

thespartandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By thespartandon

C2TV sounds pretty interesting, I like 'Behind The Scenes' on the making of games type features.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JP_Russell

Went on the MyCrysis site and found this motion capture video released not too long after the C2TV video.  

http://www.mycrysis.com/news/dev_diaries/behind_the_scenes_alien_mocap_footage     

@NTM
    said:

"Wow, thanks. I'm going to watch it now. I'm glad your thread caught my eye.  Edit:  So, that's cool. I wonder if Nomad will still be voiced by the same person. And yeah, hopefully the music will be awesome. I don't doubt it will be. "

I imagine Nomad would be voiced by the same person, but as I understand it you play as someone called "Alcatraz" in Crysis 2.
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JP_Russell
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i adore the first Crysis, and i dont mind playing this sequel, but really, the sequel is anything but exciting .. so im not interested in a "Crysis 2 TV"

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Bionicicide

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.